What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
ShikuTeshi

(1.17) A Minecraft Server. Again... (Offline till 1.18)

18 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

OC’s Minecraft server was how I originally got to know the community. Glad to see someone hosting one again. I might swing by at some point.

Takka likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I missed out on the first one because I was away but it's legends still live on and I'm glad even a shadow of it's former glory might come back.

Also my wife will probably want to play but you guys won't need to worry. If anything you lot will offend her.

Sceny and Takka like this

3 minutes ago, Sunstriker7 said:

Also my wife will probably want to play but you guys won't need to worry. If anything you lot will offend her.

But but... that IS my concern

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I should've mentioned that this is a server I've had going with my friends for some time already, I apologize if all the villages around spawn within a 1000 radius (or I think just north east) are looted. I'll give my home location when I get on some other time but you'll have to cross a fat body of water to the nearest stronghold.

My current address.  -1838 , -1174

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

I don't know if anyone's been on recently. But my ISP has been unstable. Probably due to the fires just about an hour away from me. Maybe I should just pay $5 for a central US based server.

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????

I now have the server hosted on the Google Cloud Platform (those interested should look into taking advantage of their free $300 credit offer while it lasts). I've retained my own copy of the world just in case since it's almost free reign. But I'm gonna go ahead and open it to guests of OpenCarnage who happen to come by it.

Correction on Google, you get $300 for premium services to spend and anything else for free for 3 months. While it's a good substitute I guess I'll be looking at a specialized service afterwards since $25+ a month for a server is a bit much.

Sunstriker7 likes this

I'll be taking the server down sometime in the afternoon PST Wednesday to update it to 1.16.3 which should be the final update until 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update. Nothing significant has changed though other than 1 new inconsequential mob and an inefficient duplication exploit patch.
Mods will be update with some exceptions.
SimpleHarvest is getting replaced with TinyTweaks. I believe it should work the same way with additional features while maintaining server sided only requirements with optional client side stuff.
I Am Very Smart is getting removed due to instability reports for later versions.

Okay I lied. The server is updated now.
SleepVote disappeared so that's a bit unfortunate.
LeadVillagers might work. It wasn't updated but it's probably fine?
Added VoxelMaps so you can set waypoints if you have it installed.

I have 46 days of the trial left. After that I don't know. Might consider switching to bedrock edition if I can my hands on an RTX card.

Sunstriker7 likes this