Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

RXK1NG

Self Introduction!

It's about time I made an account here, I've been using the site for quite some time LOL.

Hello Everyone! :) I'm RXK1NG, or Dillan, either is fine. I've been a long time fan of the Halo series, specifically Halo 1/Custom Edition, and Halo 2.

I started playing on PC, around maybe age 8 or 9ish? Im 22 so I've been playing for quite some time, mainly Custom Edition.

I'm super easy going, and I'm big on kindness. I enjoy Gaming, Art, Music such as Rock, Punk, and Oldies Rap. I also enjoy anything horror related, and technology stuff in general. 

Hope to get to know a lot of you, and possibly make some friendships here! Feel free to message me or reply to any of my posts on the site in the future. 

Much Love!

Edited by RXK1NG
AHITMAN, AntiMomentum and Tucker933 like this

Tiddy-bits:

Hey, welcome to the community!

I feel like I recognize the name.. curious what've you been using the site for most, and do you happen to make any of your own Halo content?

RXK1NG likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

splashdown.png

35 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

Hey, welcome to the community!

I feel like I recognize the name.. curious what've you been using the site for most, and do you happen to make any of your own Halo content?

Thank you so much! Glad to be here! And sadly I havent made anything for HCE yet, but I really would love to get into it, just haven't found any mapping or modeling etc tutorials. Im a fast learner so if I find some in depth guides I'd definitely get goin on that. And mainly I just use the site to see what people have made, maps, bipeds, tags etc etc. Also like to see if there are updates to things such as Invader, Open Sauce, etc etc. Or use it to get said maps and things :)

Tucker933 and WaeV like this

Welcome!
Check out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTjoZRnDje_T08EUo-gy3tBsMWIYrZfFFXbjXJQtewyukZL0Wqnyx_VtUadjBIufLM1kHy1wH0uap96/pubhtml

For some tutorials!

And horror :o?

How do you feel about args? I have a secret love for discomforting videos like smile guide, or don't hug me I'm scared

RXK1NG and Enclusion like this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

On 6/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, Zatarita said:

Welcome!
Check out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTjoZRnDje_T08EUo-gy3tBsMWIYrZfFFXbjXJQtewyukZL0Wqnyx_VtUadjBIufLM1kHy1wH0uap96/pubhtml

For some tutorials!

And horror :o?

How do you feel about args? I have a secret love for discomforting videos like smile guide, or don't hug me I'm scared

Got a new PC and been doing school so I havent been as active as I'd like, I enjoy stuff similar and more in horror! I pretty much enjoy everything except like corny shock factor gore films or videos. I also really like Creepypastas, and other spooky stuff on youtube!

Tucker933 likes this

Hey there. I'm new here too. I'm a big Bungee era Halo fan and until now exclusively played on XBox 360/One. I decided to get some of the modding action to refresh my love for Halo CE, so I went to Halo Custom Edition's website and found this community. I was fearing that this community, due to it's age, is pretty much dead, but it fills my heart with joy to see, that even now people like you still sign up :)

In fact: I exclusively signed up, because I saw your post here!

Since you mentioned, that you're familiar with Halo Custom Edition, I figured I'd ask you some questions:

I'm mostly interested in Sandbox like stuff. For example: Playing around with new vehicles in Hugeass or finally being able to fly the Pelican! (God, I've been waiting for this since I was 8 all those years ago.)

So is there some maps or mods, where you can kinda mess around with stuff? Maybe even spawn stuff into maps via Commands? Is there even commands? Or is this more like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) where the added content is exclusive for the maps with no ways to spawn something in.

I could Google it all, but I prefer to interact with communities ;)

Best regards

- Chris

tarikja, RXK1NG, Enclusion and 1 other like this

37 minutes ago, SullyGerman said:

I'm a big Bungee era Halo fan

Aw yiss, welcome aboard! We don't get many people rediscovering the game these days, but there's tons of people that've never quite left the game, and those dragged in by those people lol

Great to have you!

SullyGerman, Enclusion and RXK1NG like this

splashdown.png

1 minute ago, Tucker933 said:

Aw yiss, welcome aboard! We don't get many people rediscovering the game these days, but there's tons of people that've never quite left the game, and those dragged in by those people lol

Great to have you!

Thank you very much! I just finished the first mission on the original Halo: Combat Evolved for the very first time, and it was awesome!

My first Halo Game was Halo 3. Only when Halo MCC came out, I was able to play Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 2.

I'm currently searching for a way to change the FOV :)

Enclusion and RXK1NG like this

1 minute ago, SullyGerman said:

I'm currently searching for a way to change the FOV :)

For Combat Evolved? Not many still play the base game anymore, so I'm not sure what solutions are maintained on that front. Custom Edition has by far the most activity, and Chimera is what you'll want to go with for FOV changes and much much much more.

Enclusion, RXK1NG and SullyGerman like this

splashdown.png

Just now, Tucker933 said:

For Combat Evolved? Not many still play the base game anymore, so I'm not sure what solutions are maintained on that front. Custom Edition has by far the most activity, and Chimera is what you'll want to go with for FOV changes and much much much more.

Oh that's a quiet resplendent tip. Thank you :D

Enclusion and RXK1NG like this