Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

EST. 14th of February, 2012

Enclusion

Renaming Players if Bad Words Detected In Name

Posted (edited)

Made at the request of @CartmansPieHole

 

This script will changed anyone who joins your server's name to something else if their name contains something in a list of banned words/characters. Server moderators can use this to ban bad words in names or just names you don't like. This will log a message to the console when a players name is changed.

 

Download: https://github.com/TagiaNetwork/Tagia-Server-App-Scripts/blob/master/Open Carnage/BannedNameChanger.lua

 

Video: 

 

Credits:

OnNameRequest by @Devieth

badwordsarebad by @Kavawuvi

 

 

 

BannedNameChanger.lua

Edited by Enclusion
Updated to 1.3 (Add banned word list and allow toggling features on or off)
Tucker933 and Sunstriker7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiddy-bits:

7 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Great work dude!

Thanks. It's my first script so it's not much but I'm glad I got it working. They goodness for devieth doing most of the work by making the OnNameRequest function lol

Update 1.1:

- Fixed duplicated "BannedName" players in scoreboard
- Added new console log showing what the users new name was in addition to the old name
- Still persecutes halo PC users, i think (haven't tested because why would I its halo pc)

geFGYm7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see this integrated with banned words on chat, maybe with a way to easily turn on/off both filters through a script  For example:

 

RenameBadNames =TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

RejectBadText = TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

 

I know there's a script out there that will send text to the player typing bad words and not display what they typed on the screen.  It just would be nice to have to end up having to edit only one table of banned words.

 

Nice job on the script, though.  BTW, I just noticed that on another thread that you mentioned my name and made this script at my request.  Thanks!

Edited by CartmansPieHole
Sunstriker7 and Enclusion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CartmansPieHole said:

I'd like to see this integrated with banned words on chat, maybe with a way to easily turn on/off both filters through a script  For example:

 

RenameBadNames =TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

RejectBadText = TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

 

I know there's a script out there that will send text to the player typing bad words and not display what they typed on the screen.  It just would be nice to have to end up having to edit only one table of banned words.

 

Nice job on the script, though.  BTW, I just noticed that on another thread that you mentioned my name and made this script at my request.  Thanks!

I can get that done. I will probably have it be a separate script and just allow it to read from the same file, fairly simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only a matter of time before this becomes a pirate-speak translator

Enclusion likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, Enclusion said:

I can get that done. I will probably have it be a separate script and just allow it to read from the same file, fairly simple.

When you say separate script, are you saying that you'd have to create a new script to do both in one script?

Sorry, I'm unable to play Halo right now, the game keeps crashing.  I posted a topic on it in the Halo PC General forum, so until it's resolved, I'm unable to test anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 4:55 AM, CartmansPieHole said:

When you say separate script, are you saying that you'd have to create a new script to do both in one script?

Sorry, I'm unable to play Halo right now, the game keeps crashing.  I posted a topic on it in the Halo PC General forum, so until it's resolved, I'm unable to test anything.

I'd have a separate script read from the same banned word list. You'd have to load both.

I updated the script to version 1.2 which prevents blocked name count from going over 99. Since most servers have 16 player count it goes into double digits so i let the count go to 99 but reset it after that point to prevent triple digits. This will make sure you can always use the highest character count for the replaceWith variable and not have it break once your server is on long enough to hit 100 banned names.

AeyJQZL.png

 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:10 AM, CartmansPieHole said:

I'd like to see this integrated with banned words on chat, maybe with a way to easily turn on/off both filters through a script  For example:

 

RenameBadNames =TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

RejectBadText = TRUE/FALSE (or "On" / " Off")

 

I know there's a script out there that will send text to the player typing bad words and not display what they typed on the screen.  It just would be nice to have to end up having to edit only one table of banned words.

 

Nice job on the script, though.  BTW, I just noticed that on another thread that you mentioned my name and made this script at my request.  Thanks!

I ended up just doing what you asked and implemented @Kavawuvi's badwordsarebad script into mine. I also added the ability to toggle name banning or chat banning on or off.

 nbG1FJp.png

As always I am open to suggestions and comments.

 

BannedNameChanger.lua

Edited by Enclusion
Tucker933 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.