Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

(SBB) Storm

A fascinating canada goose exclave

Greetings friends of wild wildlife with unnatural boundary mentality. Today, according to Wikipedia, let's take a look at what seems to be a site of canada goose that's furthest away from its namesake, because New Zealand doesn't count:

AuNsg1P.png

So what is it with this point in the middle of South Germany that has attracted this incredibly large species of goose? It's actually where the nuclear powerplant "KGG Gundremmingen" lies, which is the only boiling water reactor in the country and it gets its water from the second longest river in Europe, the Danube.

btePMe9.jpg

During our lockdown procedure, I've been tasked in the morning maintenance team, which also involves going around the plant to check for anomalies. Since spring arrived, all types of ducks and geese are found around the river, but finally, the famous canada goose has shown up as well:

Spoiler

punqDkB.jpg ekSTW2w.jpg t2UgD0S.jpg h4Xai93.jpg

As weeks passed by, even more of them started to show up:

Spoiler

jW2QD4Y.jpg nyxNjZ4.jpg D3BuBlR.jpg VyYvLpK.jpg U6ZiZPG.jpg AhBrrnk.jpg

However, last friday, I've finally cought a family seemingly out of nowhere, which indeed made my day.

Spoiler

f7nZHX5.jpg BgedRlj.jpg  5k4NX84.jpg LGUpyER.jpg lpvZ8uc.jpg q6qun51.jpg 

Contrary to other flocks of canada goose, the ones we have are indeed shy to humans, which is why they seem to just to avoid the camera :P

Thanks for reading, hope you had a great weekend!

WaeV and Tucker933 like this

Tiddy-bits:

Cute!

And, goodness. I'm not surprised. These guys breed fairly steadily, so expect to see more of them. They can also travel fairly quickly, too.

(SBB) Storm likes this

Update, in glorious 4K. One week after taking the last images, the canada goose family was spotted again, however, one gosling was missing among them. Otherwise, this is the best footage of them by far, since it included the goose hissing at me. That made my day.

Enclusion likes this

10 hours ago, (SBB) Storm said:

Update, in glorious 4K. One week after taking the last images, the canada goose family was spotted again, however, one gosling was missing among them. Otherwise, this is the best footage of them by far, since it included the goose hissing at me. That made my day.

the homies do be chillin tho

(SBB) Storm likes this