What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
DevCysera

Server issues!

Hello, I've been trying to host my server from home, and I've forwarded the ports right and they say open, but the server doesn't come on the list? Why is that? Please help! Thanks!

Tiddy-bits:

Hello, I fixed one problem just to run into another... When I start the server it's all forwarded and shows up on the list, but now it tries connecting to the server using my internal PC IP!!! I need it to use my External IP to ping the server. Why is it trying with my Internal IP? Please help!

9 hours ago, DevCysera said:

Hello, I fixed one problem just to run into another... When I start the server it's all forwarded and shows up on the list, but now it tries connecting to the server using my internal PC IP!!! I need it to use my External IP to ping the server. Why is it trying with my Internal IP? Please help!

Use your public IP address and the port number.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Then it's not entirely forwarded. Are you just behind one router? Do you have a firewall on the server? What ports are you running on? Is the server showing up on the list for your friend?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Yes he can see it, just no ping on it. I'm trying to IP Passthrough from a modem/router combo which is a pain to find out how to properly do.

Ah, well the setting you're looking for is generally called DMZ.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.