Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Chimera Questions & Suggestions

139 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, ferxo0o said:

good, Thanks a lot. It works now.

but I have a little problem, could you help me again?

I don´t see the list of bookmarks,it works, whit alt + #, but not appears.

I attach the image in rar.

 

bookmarks.rar

It looks like you're playing the game in -useff, -use00, or -safemode. This breaks the console rendering and causes every other line to not appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiddy-bits:

2 hours ago, ferxo0o said:

good, Thanks a lot. It works now.

but I have a little problem, could you help me again?

I don´t see the list of bookmarks,it works, whit alt + #, but not appears.

I attach the image in rar.

 

bookmarks.rar

Please don't upload images to the site =]

 

The reason you couldn't upload the image without compressing it is because we block hosting images as there's better alternatives and hosting is expensive considering sites like this don't make revenue.

 

Use Imgur instead, and post the image url here, and it'll automatically insert into your post!


Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quick question

 

trying to get the splitscreen working as per these instructions

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/localmultiplayergames/comments/d8qkav/halo_custom_edition_6_players_splitscreen/

 

i got it running exactly once, then quit the game out and everything but now every time i load it (even after reinstalling the games and chimera and nucleuscoop) i get the error that "chimera not found"

 

then it runs the process picker and even when running the game manually it cant find the processes even though it clearly has the process IDs listed

 

then it all crashes

 

attaching stuff below

 

any help is appreciated

 

https://ibb.co/D1N47c3

 

Untitled.png

29052020_223952.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, altairibnlaahad said:

quick question

 

trying to get the splitscreen working as per these instructions

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/localmultiplayergames/comments/d8qkav/halo_custom_edition_6_players_splitscreen/

 

i got it running exactly once, then quit the game out and everything but now every time i load it (even after reinstalling the games and chimera and nucleuscoop) i get the error that "chimera not found"

 

then it runs the process picker and even when running the game manually it cant find the processes even though it clearly has the process IDs listed

 

then it all crashes

 

attaching stuff below

 

any help is appreciated

 

https://ibb.co/D1N47c3

 

29052020_223952.txt

 

Unfortunately, I don't understand the contents of your text file, but here's what I can tell from your screenshot.

  • multiple_instance_2_sig - I can see this not agreeing with your setup, as it's possible whatever you're using to simulate split screen modifies that code. I'll see if I can make that particular feature optional in this case.
  • cd_key_hash_sig - Are you certain you're using the official 1.0.10 haloce.exe? Modified versions of the Halo executable, even those used to bypass DRM restrictions, are not supported by Chimera. They might still work, but they might not, too, and they're difficult for me to test, fix, or ensure the stability of Chimera when running on such mods. Due to the nature of some of these mods, I will not test them locally, either.
ST34MF0X likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kavawuvi said:

 

Unfortunately, I don't understand the contents of your text file, but here's what I can tell from your screenshot.

  • multiple_instance_2_sig - I can see this not agreeing with your setup, as it's possible whatever you're using to simulate split screen modifies that code. I'll see if I can make that particular feature optional in this case.
  • cd_key_hash_sig - Are you certain you're using the official 1.0.10 haloce.exe? Modified versions of the Halo executable, even those used to bypass DRM restrictions, are not supported by Chimera. They might still work, but they might not, too, and they're difficult for me to test, fix, or ensure the stability of Chimera when running on such mods. Due to the nature of some of these mods, I will not test them locally, either.

Yeah i downloaded the official patches from bungie website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be possible to add a waiting room like hac2 to wait for a slot in full servers?

https://imgur.com/831FdET

 

and I have a problem with servers with a port other than 2302; for example my favorite server has port 1000 and when I add it to bookmarks it doesn't look in the bookmark list it just shows a space.

 

https://imgur.com/wmqYyHQ

Tucker933 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, ferxo0o said:

Will it be possible to add a waiting room like hac2 to wait for a slot in full servers?

https://imgur.com/831FdET

That isn't really a waiting room. What people call a "queue" we call "spam-to-join" because it spams the server until it can successfully allow you to join.

 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, ferxo0o said:

and I have a problem with servers with a port other than 2302; for example my favorite server has port 1000 and when I add it to bookmarks it doesn't look in the bookmark list it just shows a space.

https://imgur.com/wmqYyHQ

You're using fixed function shaders. You made a similar post in another topic, so I won't retype my reply, but for the sake of continuity, here's a link:

 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:51 AM, altairibnlaahad said:

Yeah i downloaded the official patches from bungie website

The issue was due to multihack.exe changing Halo's code. I made those particular features optional in the latest update, so Chimera won't close Halo if it can't use the features.

Tucker933 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, Kavawuvi said:

That isn't really a waiting room. What people call a "queue" we call "spam-to-join" because it spams the server until it can successfully allow you to join.

 

You're using fixed function shaders. You made a similar post in another topic, so I won't retype my reply, but for the sake of continuity, here's a link:

 

The issue was due to multihack.exe changing Halo's code. I made those particular features optional in the latest update, so Chimera won't close Halo if it can't use the features.

Maybe it's due to my game settings being at a low resolution of 640px. I had to change the server port to 2302 to fix it, but I have 2 sv with the same ip but different port, and in both only data from the 1st server appears.

2XRq4ew.jpg

 

About the "spam to join" is there a way to implement it?

n.n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ferxo0o said:

Maybe it's due to my game settings being at a low resolution of 640px. I had to change the server port to 2302 to fix it, but I have 2 sv with the same ip but different port, and in both only data from the 1st server appears.

Today, I fixed the issue with servers not on port 2302. Check the announcement here: 

 

59 minutes ago, ferxo0o said:

About the "spam to join" is there a way to implement it?

Maybe, but I'm considering whether that's even a good idea to implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.