What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Chimera Questions & Suggestions

151 posts in this topic

I can't seem to make the chimera -572 build work with the open sauce mod - I get an error while launching the game (custom edition) . both mods are integral to make the game better and i can't give up on either :( 

is there a workaround ?

Edited by GoulactiX

Tiddy-bits:

Think I may have found a bug? When I use the fullscreen parameter in video_mode under chimera.ini, refresh_rate is capped to 60 but I'm able to use 1440p. My target refresh is 155. Normally this wouldn't be a problem since I can just use windowed mode which will use my desktop refreshrate, but when I do that my target resolution of 2560*1440 isn't used. It defaults back to 800*600 with no way to restore 1440. I tried using 1920*1080 + windowed instead and that worked no problem, so I assume chimera isn't applying the resolution patch for some reason.

It really makes it quite brilliant improvements from the lackluster port

Edited by DWAIPAYAN

On 3/7/2020 at 3:20 AM, GoulactiX said:

I can't seem to make the chimera -572 build work with the open sauce mod - I get an error while launching the game (custom edition) . both mods are integral to make the game better and i can't give up on either :( 

is there a workaround ?

None that I know of. Sorry.

3 hours ago, NanoDrive said:

Think I may have found a bug? When I use the fullscreen parameter in video_mode under chimera.ini, refresh_rate is capped to 60 but I'm able to use 1440p. My target refresh is 155. Normally this wouldn't be a problem since I can just use windowed mode which will use my desktop refreshrate, but when I do that my target resolution of 2560*1440 isn't used. It defaults back to 800*600 with no way to restore 1440. I tried using 1920*1080 + windowed instead and that worked no problem, so I assume chimera isn't applying the resolution patch for some reason.

Halo PC has a bug where if you run the game in windowed mode, you can't run it at your desktop's native resolution.

I think this was fixed in HAC2 - going to maybe look for a way to introduce this into Chimera.

5 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

Halo PC has a bug where if you run the game in windowed mode, you can't run it at your desktop's native resolution.

I think this was fixed in HAC2 - going to maybe look for a way to introduce this into Chimera.

Awesome, glad to hear it. The frame interpolation really shines at 100FPS+ and it would be a shame to have it locked to 60 in fullscreen mode. Crysis 1 has the same issue. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

5 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

None that I know of. Sorry.

then how come players managed to make both work ? does that has to do with the version of chimera ? If i go to an old build i don't get the feature of file regenerating for chimmera where you can save your commands in 

25 minutes ago, GoulactiX said:

then how come players managed to make both work ? does that has to do with the version of chimera ? If i go to an old build i don't get the feature of file regenerating for chimmera where you can save your commands in 

Yeah, older versions of Chimera were compatible. The change happened sometime mid-2019: 

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

35 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

Yeah, older versions of Chimera were compatible. The change happened sometime mid-2019: 

do these old versions still have that folder that gets made automatically when you launch the game and you can put your own commands in it ? ( chimerasave.txt and chimerainit.txt )

Edited by GoulactiX

Hello, I recently got this awesome mod and it won't let me run at higher than 60 FPS anymore from this mod. How do I fix that? I've tried everything.

Hello, I was curious if someone had a previous version of Chimera I could use? I want a stable version of Chimera not one in alpha please someone help me. Thanks very much!