Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Centauri

camera_set_relative Help

So I have been experimenting with the "camera_set_relative" script (which is how they use the camera to do tracking shots with vehicles and such. For example, the intro and ending cutscenes for TSC) and cannot get the camera to follow the pelican I have it set to follow. It just stays off to the side while the pelican does it's thing. How do I get the camera to stay focused on said pelican?

Tiddy-bits:

From what I understand actual tracking shots are not possible. The movements of the objects in the cutscene are animated beforehand and the camera placements, orentations, wait times, and transitions are all carefully done to give it somewhat of that illusion. When blam shifts between cameras, it interpolates smoothly between their postions and rotations in the given amount of frames. In the beginning shot of The Silent Cartographer there would be at least two cameras from what I can tell, all in the exact same position but at different rotations, and as it transitioned from one to the other right as they flew over it would make it look like a cool flyby. For the next part where it is in front of the pelican facing it, you would have to place that camera there ahead of time in the exact right spot and rotation so that when you switch to that camera while the pelican is in frame and set it to track the pelican, it will get the desired look.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I would hate to misinform you but I can find no sort script for the behavior you want.

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

The tracking camera is relative. 0 0 0 is used as a reference point. Make sure that your camera point for the tracking shot is positioned pointing at 0 0 0 in the map. Use spacebar to place a marker at your screen position.

Sunstriker7 likes this

5 hours ago, gbMichelle said:

The tracking camera is relative. 0 0 0 is used as a reference point. Make sure that your camera point for the tracking shot is positioned pointing at 0 0 0 in the map. Use spacebar to place a marker at your screen position.

Thanks a ton! I'll write this down for future reference.