What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Zatarita

Useless skills

22 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Zatarita said:

:o there's actually a really big community for whistlers, have you ever looked into it? Which type of whistles can do you?

I don't know. I never studied it or learned that there even are types. I can just do many various ways of whistling by positioning my jaw, lips, and tongue in different ways. I can also do most of them interchangeably through either breathing in or out. Also if you know how to whistle at all, you can do some cool distortion stuff by doing a continuous breathing in or out through your nose. It's subtle but it's there.

The most I've ever been able to make of it is annoying my friends online by doing a very high-tone loud whistle into my mic lol

Zatarita likes this

Tiddy-bits:

28 minutes ago, Vuthakral said:

I don't know. I never studied it or learned that here even are types. I can just do many various ways of whistling by positioning my jaw, lips, and tongue in different ways. I can also do most of them interchangeably through either breathing in or out. Also if you know how to whistle at all, you can do some cool distortion stuff by doing a continuous breathing in or out through your nose. It's subtle but it's there.

The most I've ever been able to make of it is annoying my friends online by done a very high-tone loud whistle into my mic lol

I love whistling myself, but not the standard style. I do a tooth whistle to make a cricket chirp sound

But there's the standard whistle that most kids learn by pursing your lips, then the two finger whistle most people do when they want to whistle loud, there's a tooth whistle which is like the standard whistle, but you use your top teeth instead of upper lip, and a few variants for whistle languages.

Also speaking of which did you know there are languages that uses whistles for phonetics!! It's really cool most of them are in remote mountain villages. Since it's loud, and doesn't destroy your vocal folds, they used it to communicate large distances.

I love humming while whistling too. Get that spooky vibe going. When you said distortion I immediately thought throat singing under the whistle and I had many questions lol

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

3 hours ago, Zatarita said:

I love humming while whistling too. Get that spooky vibe going. When you said distortion I immediately thought throat singing under the whistle and I had many questions lol

Oh yeah I forgot about that one, I haven't really found a practical use for it when it comes to music. At least, not while keeping sustainable breaths. It's really good for whistling guitar parts, though. Also the DOOM 2016 soundtrack's synths.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:18 PM, Sunstriker7 said:

I can cut a deck one handed.

As in a deck of cards, or as in carpentry .-.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, giraffe said:

I can sleep all day and still be tired.

:o bruh

I don't think anyone can top that

18 hours ago, PopeTX28 said:

Designing levels for Halo CE

But it's not useless!!! Don't cut yourself short. People go to school to learn the things we do just tinkering around

2 hours ago, TCK said:

I can walk on my hands almost indefinitely. I can even climb one single stair on my hands, or at least I did one time on drugs.

:DD a fellow hand Walker. Like I said before I did gymnastics for 10 years. I'm impressed. Takes a lot of practice c:

TCK likes this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

4 hours ago, Zatarita said:

As in a deck of cards, or as in carpentry .-.

If I possessed any kind of skill in carpentry, I assure you, it would not be useless.

Zatarita likes this