Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

EST. 14th of February, 2012

Zatarita

Radium - Dev log

Tiddy-bits:

GkRwQbz.png

Exciting stuff! It reads, and decodes all of the different control versions! literally took me all day to debug it x.x 

SADFGLJHSDGLJKHDSGF.PNG

Did the thing! Also made the panels collapsible to reduce clutter. It parses all of the RA data as well. Had to make some minor tweaks to my core to accommodate for loading from a scenario; however, after two days of saying the magic curse words it worked!
Next is to add the keys to the timeline scrubber, Write the openGL context, and read model data

Edited by Zatarita
Jade, Tucker933 and ST34MF0X like this

Good, and bad news from the forefront:

The parsing of the data is so going well; however due to a Windows crash I'm switching systems.

Some things are going to change.

I'm switching to Linux, which means I'll be migrating the project to GTK+

This means a bit longer on the projected dates; HOWEVER!!! This also means it will be cross compatible.

The form might not stay stylized, infact I'm going to switch to a basic layout, and focus on stylizing for second major build.

Edited by Zatarita
WaeV and Jade like this

Progress!
It's been a bit of a rough battle, but I've basically caught up on progress on linux. Much still needs to be done; however, everything is loaded and running smooth.

Spoilers for pics

Spoiler

Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_18-04-21.png

Project Select/ Creation

Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_18-05-40.png

Screenshot_from_2020-02-19_11-58-44.png

Main window has some changes

Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_18-06-21.png

You can rearrange the pannels as well, also stack them since it's using QT docks. (I lied about GTK+ after waisted time)
Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_18-06-57.png

Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_18-07-16.png

Screenshot_from_2020-02-20_22-43-30.png

Graph of facing vectors over time (in frames). Red X, Blue Y. I plan to make these editable with handles. Might be difficult with reading them from file. They look pretty jagged, I'm curious about what it would look like smoothed. in due time though c:

Edited by Zatarita
Sunstriker7 and Jade like this

Screenshot_from_2020-02-23_09-09-58.png

now shows the velocity/vectors accurately as steps with the delays coming before the event is processed also, event stream, and recorded animation header data is processed in event stream on left.

Jade and Tucker933 like this

Progress has been mildly stunted due to a recent hospital visit. Good news is I'm ok, bad news is things might slow down a little bit. (Also gotta quit smoking :/)

Progress has been being made though, I'm just focusing on smaller things.

Started writing the functions to save the data that has been loaded. Also started working on loading the model data and rendering it to the openGL context.

Tucker933 likes this

Posted (edited)

Update: the world is ending and both my jobs are considered essential. So I'm working 80 hours a week. I'm working when I can. Current status is I broke everything and need to reprogram core. During optimization I found a lot of redundant code that I could generalize into a parent class. Mostly parsing data, and saving data. Been working on a generic data class. Most progress has been programmatic

Edited by Zatarita
Tucker933 and WaeV like this