What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enclusion

Server is online but isn't able to be connected to

Hello,

I have the port 1108 forwarded. When I run another game server on port 1108 it is detected as open by an online port checker (https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/) when I run haloceded (SAPP installed) on the same port the online port checker says its closed and I can only connect from a local machine. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Tiddy-bits:

Did you forward it on TCP or UDP? Online port checkers can check TCP, but because UDP is connectionless, they can't reliably check UDP.

Halo uses UDP.

36 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Did you forward it on TCP or UDP? Online port checkers can check TCP, but because UDP is connectionless, they can't reliably check UDP.

Halo uses UDP.

Yup, it appears open when using a port checker that does UDP and it was open. It seems that I can connect to my server using the external IP when I am on a VPN but when I am just only my local network I can't connect using the external IP. This probably won't be an issue since I can use the local IP but have you dealt with that before?

10 minutes ago, Enclusion said:

Yup, it appears open when using a port checker that does UDP and it was open. It seems that I can connect to my server using the external IP when I am on a VPN but when I am just only my local network I can't connect using the external IP. This probably won't be an issue since I can use the local IP but have you dealt with that before?

The public (external) address references your router's WAN interface, while your access to it is over the LAN because it's your gateway. This is normal.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

2 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

The public (external) address references your router's WAN interface, while your access to it is over the LAN because it's your gateway. This is normal.

Never had that before, on my old internet provider I could use my public address. Thanks, though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0