What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vaporeon

32-bit-Enhanced Refined stock maps for Halo PC

Tiddy-bits:

It looks so clean! It looks so much better than what they managed to do with Refined on Custom Edition.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make this.

This was updated once to make the maps a decent amount smaller with no other changes. The only difference is file size and the fact the current maps now require English Halo as a base.

Same link.

Takka and Kavawuvi like this

There has been another update to fix lens flares that were broken on all maps using MEK tags. Also the "Assault on the Control Room" and "Two Betrayals" glass workaround was removed as the original shader works on full halo provided you use a d3d9 wrapper like dgVoodoo2. Since this is better than the fake glass used in refined I changed it back.

Sunstriker7, DSalimander and Takka like this

I have completely rebuilt this with invader-build since campaign maps are now fully supported. This allows me to move away from using a hacked tool.exe, greatly reduces final map size, and also some invalid tags are now fixed. If there are any issues please let me know. Just in case I have the old hacked tool.exe version archived  here. This should not be used unless necessary.

Current maps use tool.exe for the campaign again for now.

Edited by Vaporeon
ShikuTeshi likes this

6 hours ago, Joash said:

How do you get these to run

Am new here

Extract the .map files from the download archive with 7-zip and use those files to replace the original .map files that are in your "Halo" installation maps folder.

The compressed maps need the mod "Chimera" to run, the uncompressed ones do not. I recommend the mod anyway is it fixes many bugs in the game.

Takka likes this

On 7/7/2020 at 11:10 AM, Vaporeon said:

Extract the .map files from the download archive with 7-zip and use those files to replace the original .map files that are in your "Halo" installation maps folder.

The compressed maps need the mod "Chimera" to run, the uncompressed ones do not. I recommend the mod anyway is it fixes many bugs in the game.

How does chimera work tho... I have it but I don't see how it works

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0