Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vuthakral

Remade OG pre-Xbox Assault Rifle Tag

Original Pre-Xbox Assault Rifle (Remake)

As the title says, this is a remake of the presumed original model/design for the assault rifle seen in only three images found (at the time of this being made) of "pre-Xbox Halo". This assault rifle isn't guaranteed to be 100% accurate to the original, as due to the three original reference images I had to make quite a few guesses of what certain shapes and details were intended to be. I also opted to re-use the Halo CE assault rifle's textures & shaders to better help this recreation model transfer into the final game, trying my best to match the original in colour as I could.

(lowkey, it doesn't have a proper collision model because honestly I was just interested in making the model for this because I found the design interesting.)

= FEATURES=

• 42-round assault rifle with a functional grenade launcher
  • Includes a custom weapon HUD interface for High-Res Halo HUD users (aka Refined HUD)
  • Archive includes a tutorial map variant which just has this assault rifle laying on the ground in place of the standard assault rifle.

= REQUIREMENTS =

= CREDITS =

• @Vuthakral : Modeling, UV mapping, getting the model ingame, the HRHH support for this weapon in specific.
  • @MEGASEAN2812 - The original pre-Xbox AR-GL tags.

= DOWNLOAD =

This is the original model in question that I was attempting to remake:
HTijhnO.png

And here's a bunch of pictures of the final product in-game:

MTr31RJ.png

0SZJq3M.jpg

qRKrxzf.jpg

0gIWdv8.jpg

yAMCF8n.jpg

2TfiwQh.jpg

hfFkQSi.jpg

YJzIY9N.jpg

Edited by Vuthakral
ninja edit: accidentally uploaded the archive without the example map
Sceny, (SBB) Storm and Tucker933 like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.