What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devieth

Request: Multiplayer maps with 60fps tags for chimera_tps 60

I AM NOT ASKING FOR THIS FOR 60 FPS ANIMATIONS.

With that out of the way, the reason I am asking for this is to be able to run server and client at 60hz tick-rate.  HAC2's recent update allows for the server to sync multiple things with the client, two of which are gravity and tick-rate. The idea is that with the 60hz tick-rate/animations SAPP's nolead will be (in theory) be twice as accurate as it is now.  I am willing to put up to $500 of my own money (details below) to the person that does this, but you must have a PayPal account for me to send money to in order to get it.

Requirements of this request are:
- Works with chimera_tps 60 (or with HAC2, time 60)
- Animations run normal speed with above settings.

Things you should not need to do:
- Correct tag weights/gravity scale, HAC2/SAPP should manually set these for HAC2 users with the use of the gravity command server side. (In the case that you do correct object gravity scale and weights, please make it known in your post, and don't use the gravity command below when testing. 

Optional:

- Scale Movement speed(s).

- Scale Falling stun time.
- Scale ROF of weapons.
- Refined tag set.
- If I forgot something I can probably fix it after the fact. 

Bugs I can forgive:
- Inactive vehicles floating after being hit with a melee or explosive (60hz does break some physics checks, I can fix this server side with a Lua script.)

How would I ask of you to test this?
Well first you will need a SAPP 10.2.1 server and HAC2 on your client.  HAC2/SAPP should sync the settings below if you have the latest HAC2 from: http://hac2.halopc.com

In SAPP's init.txt you will want these commands:

speed_hack_detection 0
gamespeed 60
gravity 0.001782589592

Note: You may need to use  25% gravity ( ‭0.000891294796‬ ), the setting above is 50%.  It depends on how you make the maps, not sure but that is the case with this map by Kirby: http://maps.halonet.net/maps/bloodgulch_60fps.zip, but this map used his custom tags are very screwy.

SAPP 10.2.1 Halo CE Server Download

If you do this please DM me to your finished post with an email I should send the $500 PayPal to after I have tested them, thank you.

Just animation tags $300
All main maps with just animations + tags $400
All main maps with all optionals + tags  $500

Edited by Devieth
Updated for attempt #2 and monetary reward.

Tiddy-bits:

14 hours ago, Devieth said:

Note: You may need to use  25% gravity ( ‭0.000891294796‬ ), the setting above is 50%.  It depends on how you make the maps, not sure but that is the case with this map by Kirby: http://maps.halonet.net/maps/bloodgulch_60fps.zip, but this map used his custom tags are very screwy.

Gravity is a function of acceleration (over time the object gets faster), so you do need to use 25% gravity for 60 TPS since acceleration is distance divided by time squared. So, a = d / t2

To show what I mean:

d / ((1/30 second)2 * x) = d / (1/60 second)2

1 / ((1/30 second)2 * x) = 1 / (1/60 second)2

1 / (1/30 second)2 = x / (1/60 second)2

x = (1/60 second)2 / (1/30 second)2 = (1/3600 second2) / (1/900 second2) = 900 / 3600 = 0.25

Therefore, to get the same exact acceleration but at 60 TPS, you must multiply your acceleration by 0.25. This not only applies to gravity but also to things like vehicles.

Devieth and stunt_man like this

On 8/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, Vuthakral said:

Would having a higher tickrate adversely affect the game's already wonky netcode at all? Speicifcally in the regard to explosives and vehicles physics.

That would be a yes, hence this:

On 8/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, Devieth said:

Bugs I can forgive:
- Inactive vehicles floating after being hit with a melee or explosive (60hz does break some physics checks, I can probably fix this server side with a Lua script.)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0