Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Squad System

Curious if anyone thinks it possible to build a very basic squad system with SAPP lua.

I think for some maps it would be neat for teams to be able to vote on a Team Leader (any ally but themselves), where those that get selected get automatically respawned (to change their armor color to something that stands out), and all allies that die will respawn at existing spawn points closest to their Team Leader. That would make attacks more focused and create a high-value target, which when they die prevents all allies from respawning 'till they themselves do.

Could definitely build off of that base concept if it can be implemented, but don't want to get carried away in the details unless that much is possible.

Will credit 15 tickets to whoever can make this work!

Kavawuvi, Java, AlexJ2245 and 1 other like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

*All of a sudden Halo becomes a planetary warfare game.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

I think it would be sweat for small maps. Team Leaders could also be given damage resistance, and after set intervals people are allowed to vote again on a leader.

Would be an interesting new dynamic for this ol' game.