What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Thomas

New aimbot released that cannot be detected by SAPP??

So I have recently heard that someone calling himself "Roberto" has released a new aimbot that can evade SAPP detection scripts...

Is there something that scipters in SAPP can do to combat this, evil scourge on the Halo community?

Here is the video he uploaded and the download links...  The second one, a so called "injector.dll" file cannot be downloaded as Mediafire did the right thing and marked it as "dangerous", well done to them...

The download links are on the youtube page if this helps.

Tiddy-bits:

Automatic aimbot detection has always been unreliable, especially when it comes to server side detection. Even if someone writes a detection for this that doesn't have false positives, it will always be a game of cat-and-mouse.

Best of luck to whoever wants to take this job, but I think the best way to curb cheaters is to have active admins. If someone who is bad at the game wants to cheat, they'll find a way, and you need to be there to stop them.

Java, Sunstriker7, Sceny and 1 other like this

@Kavawuvi, I am as active as I can be, but I find that a lot of players are online when I am in bed, since the US for example are between 5 hours (east coast) and 8 hours (west coast) behind us.  This of course does not include Hawaii.

It is a struggle to be around when I am so tired, and sometimes, especially at the weekends, I sleep all day to be up and able to play online most of the night, then back to bed for the day.  It is something I am trying to mmanage, but it is not easy, believe me.  This is why I thought a script could be written that would help us to combat these botting scum of the Halo Community.  We have had members of other clans post about people botting in our servers, and most occasions they provide evidence, and I spend hours updating all of the servers to keep that player out, the updates are always done at the weekend usually on a Sunday.  People also report that known cheats like "fou" are playing in our servers and I have managed to get the BoS "event" thing to work as well.

What we need are more members that we can promote to admins and have them help to moderate our servers, but these days, it is very difficult to get people to join us!  :(

Sunstriker7 likes this

There isn't much that can be done [as far as server-sided detection is concerned].

SAPP's bot detection algorithm is somewhat volatile, based on my experienced with it—and seeing how it sometimes even rakes up false-positives.

It has already been mentioned, but i'll reiterate it, just for posterity, and that is, the best way to combat cheating in Halo, is to simply enforce your own system of [1] identifying suspected cheaters, [2] banning suspected cheaters once you've obtained conclusive evidence.

HAC 2's sight-jacker is the dawn of "Overwatch" [CS:GO anti-cheat system] for Halo, and it involves active effort from server administrators.

You need server administrators that are experienced with the game, or else your "Overwatch" won't be as effective as you'd wish.

The two major isues in Halo, as far as cheating is concerned, is "aim assistance" and "vision assistance": aimbots / wall-hacks respectively.

Putting all of that aside, and digressing, just to stray off-topic, the damage is usually done before cheaters are banned and as a community, which is very small, bans are always going to be evaded.

There's always going to be an incentive to cheat, especially in a small community where there's no third-party anti-cheat or matchmaking system. 

That's Halo 1 on PC for you. 

index.futuristic-game-interface-preloade

It is the cheats that are destroying this "small community".

We know that there are clans out there that allow cheats to play with impunity, but we are certainly not one of those clans.  We are doing everything that is possible to keep those cheaters out of our servers, regardless of who they are!

A lot of people who play Halo actually come to our boards, and tell us that someone is cheating, and while the most recent ones, we know about as we have banned them before, some multiple times, they keep coming back by changing thier IP, but we have found a potential solution and have implemented it.  So far, it appears to be working well as a matter of fact.

What I find happens a lot, is that players on Halo, especially a certain few, tend to cheat, and wait to be banned, be it via the autoban system, or via an admin that bans them. They then run to youtube or Facebook and post a video of them being banned but only show the parts where they were not cheating, and make it out that they were banned for "no reason".  That is annoying as they never show the full truth and only half of what actually happened.  I have no started to live stream all of my games, and now that I have a faster upload speed, I can do so in much better quality.  It helps when I need proof of cheats in our servers.  Recently, we find that a lot of players are glitching, especially in DangerCanyon where the 2 bases meet with a cliff in between, I have filmed it happen and banned the player doing it, its cheating, and will not be tolerated.

Edited by Thomas
Corrected a typo :(

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Recently, we find that a lot of players are glitching, especially in DangerCanyon where the 2 bases meet with a cliff in between, I have filmed it happen and banned the player doing it, its cheating, and will not be tolerated.

Try this.

Or this:

antiglitch [enabled]

Enabling this will automatically kill all players who have left the map’s BSP (the ground of the map). This is useful in maps such as Danger Canyon and Coldsnap to prevent players from glitching through the map, or when fall damage is disabled to prevent players falling forever.

Default: false

Edited by DSalimander
Robin3sk and Sceny like this