Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Replacing the Halo Editing Kit with open source software

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Added a section, "Why should the Halo Editing Kit be replaced?", to the top of the post.

1 hour ago, Hiralis said:

Pin?

It's a good idea, but it's possible that pinning it right now may be premature. While I do think the topic is worth watching for updates, it isn't yet helpful enough to warrant pinning to the top of a section, plus it's in the Development section, not the Tools section.

At the time of writing this, not enough of the Halo Editing Kit has been replaced for anyone to even make a simple box map. If and when enough of the Halo Editing Kit has been replaced that you can start to make complete maps without using the Halo Editing Kit, then I think it will be worth pinning this. For now, I recommend following this topic if you want updates to it. You can do so by clicking the Follow button on the top right corner of the page.

I hope that answers your question.

Tucker933 and Hiralis like this

As of Invader 0.4.0, font tags can now be created using only open source software (invader-font).

Due to the last update being posted sooner than 24 hours ago, the Invader 0.4 announcement will be posted in the Invader topic tomorrow.

ST34MF0X likes this