Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elote

TFTU- Halo 1 SP maps project

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

So is this a team of people? Are you all working on 1 single player mission at a time or multiple? I'm curious on how this is all organized.

I think this is pretty cool. Especially with a focus on stock-based SP mission design and nothing complicated. I'm interested in knowing more.

Elote likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DSalimander said:

Nuke any tags contaminated with Open Sauce and work from there.

Hide contents

Hi Nick

I understand the hate for OS from a multiplayer standpoint 100% but from a SP POV I think it opens a bunch of things up (although it can be annoying sometimes from a dev standpoint). Plus a lot of the H2 assets look like ass without bump maps, all the vanilla levels will be non OS anyway so a majority of this will be vanilla. 

Spoiler

come make a map you know you want to

44 minutes ago, PopeTX28 said:

So is this a team of people? Are you all working on 1 single player mission at a time or multiple? I'm curious on how this is all organized.

I think this is pretty cool. Especially with a focus on stock-based SP mission design and nothing complicated. I'm interested in knowing more.

Its not really a team per say, Banshee is a good friend of mine and dips in here and there, Altheros and Killer5000 did most of the OS tags but aren't around atm. I would say I'm the person with the most HSC experience and will probably do most if not all SP design. Right now me and stunt man are working on Mountain Climb but that is at his work pace as he is the main designer on that. We basically have a few builds and we bounce ideas off each other based on the original concept. I have a few concepts (crudely drawn in MS paint and on pen and paper) or if a designer would come on board with their own idea for a SP level I would work with you (as long as its in the scope of Halo 1's gameplay). Stunt man is only focused on that 1 level as its based on a concept I have, but if other people were to come on board I could definitely juggle multiple levels (HSC obviously being easier than BSP). I am practicing on my own BSPs but its nothing I'm confident in publishing as a part of this. 

Edited by Elote
PopeTX28 likes this

18 minutes ago, Elote said:

Its not really a team per say, Banshee is a good friend of mine and dips in here and there, Altheros and Killer5000 did most of the OS tags but aren't around atm. I would say I'm the person with the most HSC experience and will probably do most if not all SP design. Right now me and stunt man are working on Mountain Climb but that at his work pace as he is the main designer on that. We basically have a few builds and we bounce ideas off each other based on the original concept. I have a few concepts (crudely drawn in MS paint and on pen and paper) or if a designer would come on board with their own idea for a SP level I would work with you (as long as its in the scope of Halo 1's gameplay). Stunt man is only focused on that 1 level as its based on a concept I have, but if other people were to come on board I could definitely juggle multiple levels (HSC obviously being easier than BSP). I am practicing on my own BSPs but its nothing I'm confident in publishing as a part of this. 

Well, after the mapping competition, I was planning on doing a stock-base SP mission. I may run some ideas/layouts by you. I'm not really savy with scripting or AI placement. But I would like to say I'm good overall with layout and BSP design.

Elote likes this