Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

DSalimander

Smoothery

15 posts in this topic
On 7/23/2019 at 2:02 AM, DSalimander said:

10/10 #FeatureNotABug

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

@PopeTX28 As for making the level Halo style, I have to firmly stand at no. Too much work for a map I'm already seeing an underwhelming playerbase for. Not to mention all the added complexity wouldn't mesh so well with faster paced action. Right now I'm trying to keep the occlusion portals to a minimum so weapon effects are heard/seen everywhere in the map, and that would have to change with higher poly counts.

@Pfhunkie I was very alarmed when I first saw that "kill your own body thing" but I have never seen it happen mid-game to other players. Hopefully it doesn't sync over internet and I don't have to bother fixing it.

One of the problems I keep seeing is people ignoring the very important alternate firing modes. Every time somebody tells me a weapon sucks, I ask them if they have tried the alternate fire and they say no. Can't help people who don't RTFM.

Other updates:

Going to increase damage of Minigun. All guns need a healthy dose of rebalancing but I'll only commit to what I know needs fixing.

4 hours ago, DSalimander said:

One of the problems I keep seeing is people ignoring the very important alternate firing modes. Every time somebody tells me a weapon sucks, I ask them if they have tried the alternate fire and they say no. Can't help people who don't RTFM.

That's a big problem with mechanics mods. No one's coming in with the fresh perspective they need.

DSalimander likes this

16 hours ago, DSalimander said:

@PopeTX28 As for making the level Halo style, I have to firmly stand at no. Too much work for a map I'm already seeing an underwhelming playerbase for. Not to mention all the added complexity wouldn't mesh so well with faster paced action. Right now I'm trying to keep the occlusion portals to a minimum so weapon effects are heard/seen everywhere in the map, and that would have to change with higher poly counts.

Oh. I didn't mean this map. This map is perfect enough as it is! :) I meant seeing some other UT2004 maps converted to CE style geo.

Anyways, can't wait to play it tonight! It should be fun.