Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Script Request Ticket Bounties

I've noticed there are several unfulfilled script requests. Let's fix that, together!

If you complete one of these script requests (or any script request in which a staff member placed a bounty on the request), you can earn a set number of tickets. The number of tickets earned will be indicated above the link. Here is the process:

1. Reply to the linked script request topic with your script. I recommend attaching your script to your post as links can go stale after a while.
  2. Reply to this topic with the link to your post to ensure your reply is seen. I'll probably still see your post even if you don't reply here, but I recommend posting here just in case I don't. To get a link to your exact post, click the share button on the top right corner of the post and copy the link.
  3. If I verify your script works correctly, then you will be credited tickets. If it does not work correctly, I will reply to your post telling you what is wrong so you can fix it. Verify that your script works correctly before posting.

Starting on the first and third Sunday at 18:00 UTC of each month, bonus tickets will be awarded to the person who earned the most tickets that session from this contest as long as that person completed at least two (2) requests that session. These tickets do NOT need to be in your possession to win, thus the standings can even carry over to the next raffle period, and if not, you can use your tickets the moment you get them without affecting your standings. If there is a tie, though, then the prize will be split between the winners. The current bonus is 4 tickets.

Bounties

15 tickets

5 tickets

4 tickets

3 tickets

2 tickets

Current Standings (non-staff)

--: --

TIP: Lower ticket values will typically take less time than higher ticket values (with the exception of 5 ticket requests), but, of course, they have a lower reward. If you are trying to get the bonus tickets and you are one or two requests away from the request requirement, try doing these!

For more information on the monthly raffle, check out the FAQ.

Lastly, happy scripting! This mini-contest will go on until either there are no more scripts or there isn't activity for an extremely long period of time.

Tucker933 and ShikuTeshi like this

Tiddy-bits:

I'd be all over this if my grasp of LUA was anything beyond kindergarten level. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve memory editing type stuff. Good luck to the 5 or so people who are actually capable of doing these.

1 hour ago, DSalimander said:

I'd be all over this if my grasp of LUA was anything beyond kindergarten level. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve memory editing type stuff. Good luck to the 5 or so people who are actually capable of doing these.

True. I have a bit of knowledge of java, python, and can figure out what lua means but the memory editing crap confuses the heck out of me. 

DSalimander likes this

I've increased the bounties of most of the requests above. I've also reduced the minimum script count to enter in the Friday mini-contest from 3 to 2. Go ahead and grab yourself some easy tickets, as this offer won't last forever.

Note: Any scripts completed that were requested in the past 7 days will also be awarded 6 tickets as per the monthly raffle, but they will not be counted towards winning this contest. The +6 tickets do not count towards the Friday mini-contest as this is operated separate from the Monthly Raffle (though only non-staff can still participate since it uses raffle tickets), so you are not at a disadvantage if someone else is on the ball with the latest script requests. That said, I still recommend completing recent script requests as you get more tickets for doing so.

Anyway, I've put the current standings now that someone has actually completed a script request from this list.

Disable fall damage under certain situations

Pretty sure someone fulfilled this request already. 

Posted (edited)

On 5/12/2020 at 8:50 AM, Enclusion said:

Pretty sure someone fulfilled this request already. 

If they reply to this topic, then I'll make sure to award them their tickets. Or you can do that for them, too.

edit: checked and confirmed

Edited by Kavawuvi

Congratulations to @aLTis for earning a bonus +4 tickets. This is the first time someone has done enough requests to actually be eligible for the bonus.

That said, I'm probably no longer going to do bonus tickets after this due to a lack of activity. Ticket bounties will still remain, though.

aLTis likes this