What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

New Microphone?

I'd love some suggestions for an upgrade from this guy, which according to some of you audiophiles is crap: https://www.amazon.com/Floureon-BM-800-Condenser-Microphone-Recording/dp/B01KPKCJ2G/

My personal complaint isn't so much the quality (though could be better), but how faint the audio is (yes, it has a dedicated power supply). Need something that'll mount on an arm.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

This is what I'm currently using. But it sounds like you just need the mic since you have everything else.

It's working really well for me. But I'm also taking advantage of Asus's software to act as a noise gate, reduce noise, and normalize my volume.
If you wanted something really good then the Audio Technica AT2020 would probably be the highest I'd go.

This is probably the best representation of what it can do in my experience. There's no additional editing since I never need to when it comes to this mic. 

Takka likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

The Neewer looks like the same range as the one I currently have (Wolfy also said mine is just Neewer NW-700 under a different name lol), and I've had great experience with Audio-Technica's headphones, so that's looking like a good choice. On a big sale right now too!

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

6 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

The Neewer looks like the same range as the one I currently have (Wolfy also said mine is just Neewer NW-700 under a different name lol), and I've had great experience with Audio-Technica's headphones, so that's looking like a good choice. On a big sale right now too!

Yeah, if you're looking at Audio-Technica, just be sure to check if it's USB or XLR. My friend almost bought the USB version and I would've cried.

And according to the Honey app, it's been at $100 for the past 120 days. Amazon's discount thing is misleading as that's the current price since MSRP.

Sunstriker7 and Takka like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0