What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sunstriker7

MCC for PC Info Thread

32 posts in this topic

This is intended to be a one-stop destination for up-to-date information about the Master Chief Collection for PC. If any of you have corrections or more information please reply and share it and I'll edit this post.

Some big news in the latest Waypoint blog post: custom server browser!

mcc-custom-game-browser-waypoint-5295174

I'm hoping this really kickstarts modding. No real news on it yet but it'll be in the next flight. Speaking of which...

If all goes well in Rings 1 and 2, we plan to roll out our next public flight as early as next Thursday, February 18.

They're also adding a bunch of Halo Online content to Halo 3, like armor sets and a new map.

mcc-h3-waterfall-waypoint-0b616723c6d744

The Season 5 introduction video hosted by Postums is below. I really liked the shot they made at 2:12. Cinematography is on point. Whoever designed that gets a perfect 5/7.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Updated for Season 5
Vuthakral, Takka and (SBB) Storm like this

Tiddy-bits:

I might've missed it but when you buy MCC, you get access to the multiplayer content for free. So after Reach, Halo 1 will come out and you will automatically have access to Halo 1's multiplayer.
You only have to pay for the singleplayer content on top of the MCC base game if you want that content.
I'm unaware if this is already how it is on the Xbox.
And modding support is being looked at as a potential thing that can happen. I think the video you shared actually has the dev state that.

Edited by ShikuTeshi
WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

I just looked into it and while I couldn't dredge up an official source on that I did find this forum discussion. To quote one comment: " Reach multiplayer will be a free update on xbox, but the campaign and firefight will be a paid dlc..."

If I can find an official source I would gladly put it up.

If it turns out they can't get an uncapped frame rate working with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, then I will make additional memes that make fun of them.

Anyway, here's stuff that has more-or-less been deconfirmed:

• Community-owned dedicated servers (explicitly deconfirmed)
  • Modding (implicitly deconfirmed if anticheat is forced)
  • Connecting via direct IP (implicitly deconfirmed since you have to use the server browser or Xbox Live)

And here's stuff that is probably not going to be in the game but hasn't been explicitly or implicitly deconfirmed:

• Split screen (I know they said it's "on the table" but that's most likely PR talk for "That sounds cool but no")
  • Unlocked frame rates on all games
  • Custom singleplayer maps in Halo CE: Anniversary (custom multiplayer maps have been heavily rumored, but even that is iffy)
  • Original HUD or sounds in Halo CE: Anniversary (they have refused to do it on Xbox One, so they probably won't do it on PC)
  • Various Custom Edition fixes being in Halo CE: Anniversary (enjoy your moon-sized sun at 4K or your 30 FPS particles)
Sunstriker7, Takka and WaeV like this

Only around 100 people got access for this first run. We don't know when they plan to do another.

Sunstriker7 likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

On 6/19/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kavawuvi said:

If it turns out they can't get an uncapped frame rate working with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, then I will make additional memes that make fun of them.

From what I remember, it seemed like they used the same method you did with interpolation to get 60 FPS working in HCE. The bug where sometimes weapons would get stuck and spin causing LOTS of noise is present just like with Chimera.

WaeV likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

On 7/31/2019 at 11:03 PM, ShikuTeshi said:

In talking with the team, it is easy to see that at the core the goal is to make CE as close to parity as possible. With CE coming to PC, we won’t be able to address every reported issue, however we believe the community eventually will, once broader mod support and functionality arrives.

At least they're upfront about it.

I've been asked a lot of times about porting Chimera features to MCC, and I basically answered this on my Chimera Discord, but here's basically the summary of it: As amazing as an opportunity it would be to mod Halo CE Anniversary, I'm probably not going to buy it. I don't have a lot of money, and I certainly can't justify spending $10 on a PC game I already own on the PC. Also, I don't want to release a fix for the game that bans you from Xbox Live. Ideally, they'd make it so if you have mods, anticheat gets disabled (obviously no matchmaking and stuff but that's fine). However, they could also have it so if you even so much as think about fixing the fog in Assault on the Control Room, you'll take a well deserved VACation from Xbox Live

Halo 3 PC looks cool though.

WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this