Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sunstriker7

MCC for PC Info Thread

28 posts in this topic

This is intended to be a one-stop destination for up-to-date information about the Master Chief Collection for PC. If any of you have corrections or more information please reply and share it and I'll edit this post.

The MCC has finally released Halo: Reach to PC. It's available for purchase on Steam and the Windows Store. It is also currently included in Game Pass for PC. If you want an exhaustive review of Reach on all platforms with excellent musical interludes, Digital Foundry has produced such a video just for you:

These days the industry loves to push out titles that function just barely good enough. Reach was no exception. On launch day 343 released a support post detailing known issues, and they have updated it periodically to indicate which ones have been fixed. It is worth looking at.

File sharing lacks any kind of public browser so it's difficult to find good content. Luckily a dedicated fan made a website that users can link their content on so it can be searched for and retrieved easily.

Games that will eventually be added into the MCC are (in order):

• Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 3: ODST (minus the firefight mode)
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4

This post will be updated as more information on these titles is announced.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Added file share aggregator link

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I might've missed it but when you buy MCC, you get access to the multiplayer content for free. So after Reach, Halo 1 will come out and you will automatically have access to Halo 1's multiplayer.
You only have to pay for the singleplayer content on top of the MCC base game if you want that content.
I'm unaware if this is already how it is on the Xbox.
And modding support is being looked at as a potential thing that can happen. I think the video you shared actually has the dev state that.

Edited by ShikuTeshi
Sunstriker7 and WaeV like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

I just looked into it and while I couldn't dredge up an official source on that I did find this forum discussion. To quote one comment: " Reach multiplayer will be a free update on xbox, but the campaign and firefight will be a paid dlc..."

If I can find an official source I would gladly put it up.

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

If it turns out they can't get an uncapped frame rate working with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, then I will make additional memes that make fun of them.

Anyway, here's stuff that has more-or-less been deconfirmed:

• Community-owned dedicated servers (explicitly deconfirmed)
  • Modding (implicitly deconfirmed if anticheat is forced)
  • Connecting via direct IP (implicitly deconfirmed since you have to use the server browser or Xbox Live)

And here's stuff that is probably not going to be in the game but hasn't been explicitly or implicitly deconfirmed:

• Split screen (I know they said it's "on the table" but that's most likely PR talk for "That sounds cool but no")
  • Unlocked frame rates on all games
  • Custom singleplayer maps in Halo CE: Anniversary (custom multiplayer maps have been heavily rumored, but even that is iffy)
  • Original HUD or sounds in Halo CE: Anniversary (they have refused to do it on Xbox One, so they probably won't do it on PC)
  • Various Custom Edition fixes being in Halo CE: Anniversary (enjoy your moon-sized sun at 4K or your 30 FPS particles)
Tucker933, WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this

Only around 100 people got access for this first run. We don't know when they plan to do another.

Sunstriker7 likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

On 6/19/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kavawuvi said:

If it turns out they can't get an uncapped frame rate working with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, then I will make additional memes that make fun of them.

From what I remember, it seemed like they used the same method you did with interpolation to get 60 FPS working in HCE. The bug where sometimes weapons would get stuck and spin causing LOTS of noise is present just like with Chimera.

WaeV likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

On 7/31/2019 at 11:03 PM, ShikuTeshi said:

In talking with the team, it is easy to see that at the core the goal is to make CE as close to parity as possible. With CE coming to PC, we won’t be able to address every reported issue, however we believe the community eventually will, once broader mod support and functionality arrives.

At least they're upfront about it.

I've been asked a lot of times about porting Chimera features to MCC, and I basically answered this on my Chimera Discord, but here's basically the summary of it: As amazing as an opportunity it would be to mod Halo CE Anniversary, I'm probably not going to buy it. I don't have a lot of money, and I certainly can't justify spending $10 on a PC game I already own on the PC. Also, I don't want to release a fix for the game that bans you from Xbox Live. Ideally, they'd make it so if you have mods, anticheat gets disabled (obviously no matchmaking and stuff but that's fine). However, they could also have it so if you even so much as think about fixing the fog in Assault on the Control Room, you'll take a well deserved VACation from Xbox Live

Halo 3 PC looks cool though.

WaeV and Sunstriker7 like this