What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Portable A/C?

Never realized how wildly inefficient they are compared to other A/C solutions. Good to know now that I'm shopping for a new one; here's why:

This is also an awesome channel for some generally older and plain ol' vintage technology. His videos on color TV development and tube radios were fascinating.

Sunstriker7 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Every spring the last few years a capacitor on our condenser would blow up and we would borrow my mother-in-law's portable unit for a week or so. It's everything this guy said. It cools well enough and you can fit it almost anywhere very easily. But it's loud and power hungry. Definitely not your everyday if you can help it but it works awesome in a pinch.

We got one of these when we had an unseasonably hot Summer last year in the UK. My house at least, doesn't cope well with the hot temperatures and ends up acting like a Finnish sauna without the nakedness and booze. We got two of these and plonked them around the house to circulate the place and it did work like a charm really. Kept the pets cool - they slept in front of it so I guess they liked it anyway - and kept us humans at a joyful temperature whilst we went about our daily lives watching the electric bill rise and rise because we're sinking the A/C like I'm powering an industrial factory but hey, worth it to stay cool. 

I've got three of them in my house as most of my windows are odd sizes and regular window A/C units won't fit.

I think they're life savers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0