What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

LG launches the world's first 1ms IPS gaming monitor

156067767119090.jpg

At E3 2019 LG has revealed its latest and greatest gaming monitors that feature the world's first one millisecond IPS panel.

Spoiler

The flagship of these two devices is the 38-inch model (38GL950G) which boasts an UltraGear Nano IPS panel capable of a 175Hz refresh rate, 3840 x 1600 pixel resolution, DCI-P3 98 per cent colour gamut and a 21:9 aspect ratio.

This screen also sports a curved design with "virtually borderless" edges and Sphere Lighting 2.0 RGB backlighting to add a dash of ambience to your gaming sessions. 

As if that wasn't enough, this large display also has a 450 nits brightness rating, has VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification and uses an Nvidia G-Sync processor. All this is of course topped off by the main selling point - the one millisecond IPS panel.

That's quite a specification and one that the company promises will offer an "incredibly vibrant, flicker-free..." and stunning gaming experience. 

We're expecting quite a hefty price tag on this one, though based on specs alone, it should be quite a stunner and an excellent addition to your monster gaming machine. 

For gamers looking for something smaller (and probably cheaper), LG also has a 27-inch version coming (the 27GL850) that still boasts the one millisecond IPS panel but with a max 144Hz refresh rate, 2560 x 1440 resolution, HDR10 support and 350 nits brightness.

This smaller panel is only G-Snyc compatible - meaning it's been validated to not show flickering, ghosting or pulsing during variable refresh rate gaming, but it doesn't contain the powerful Nvidia processor like its bigger brother. 

Of course, neither of these monitors has the G-Sync Ultimate tag, but that list is still fairly short at this point. It's great to see LG striving towards eye-pleasing, ultra-fast gaming monitors alongside the swathe of insanely ultrawide monitors that have hit the market lately. 

Pre-orders for both monitors start next month with availability coming later this year. 

Source

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Fuck, those specs are nuts. I was just thinking of going VA panel for my next screen though. IPS is still ultra expensive for the high-performance stuff.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

4 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Fuck, those specs are nuts.

For sure dude. I'm curious what the price will be compared to the new apple monitor too.

The curved screen and the backlighting is pretty gimmicky though.

14 minutes ago, Sunstriker7 said:

The curved screen and the backlighting is pretty gimmicky though.

Curved is sweet at those large sizes, but yeah I never got the backlighting. It's for all those people that like putting extra lights in their builds.

Sunstriker7 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

19 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Curved is sweet at those large sizes

The biggest I've used was a 29 inch one that a buddy of mine brought to a lan party. It was a quality panel  but the curvature made it produce a lot of glare that an otherwise flat display didn't. I personally wouldn't get one unless my setup was in an ideally lit area for it, which it currently is not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0