Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Tucker933

2019 Map Competition - Submissions

46 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:12 PM, Tucker933 said:

Round 2 (open only to projects that entered Round 1)

Is that meant to say people instead of projects? I'd be okay with polishing LongShot for Round 2 but I was intending to start a better project instead.

3 hours ago, DSalimander said:

Is that meant to say people instead of projects? I'd be okay with polishing LongShot for Round 2 but I was intending to start a better project instead.

Nope, it's all about one project spread across 2 rounds.

I've added a new "Additional Prize" for the competition: 5 Raffle Tickets for a final submission voted as having the most improvement over their Round 1 entry (separate poll will be in the Round 2 voting topic).

Round 2 has been extended an extra week (dates in OP) to line up better for SBB's recording of the final maps, to ensure the videos make it out before voting begins.

We will also be hosting a public game night on the 1st of September (few days before voting begins) for everyone to try out the MP maps in actual matches.

Vuthakral, (SBB) Storm and PopeTX28 like this

Posted (edited)

Longershot

map-preview-a.jpg

A snowy symmetrical outdoor map with vehicles. Designed for CTF with about 8 players.

This is an update to the previous build- LongShot. The map made in under 4 hours because I misread the map contest submission date. I have made this my submission into Round 2. With this new build I have fixed several phantom BSP and added full gametype support. I ran full lightmaps this time so inside bases look very nice. The map's name is now even more accurate.

Development Thread (lots of pictures!):

https://opencarnage.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=996

First entry for second round. Should still meet both additional prize requirements.

Edited by DSalimander