Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Tucker933

2019 Map Competition - Submissions

29 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

If any newbie mappers want to win round 1 it wouldn't be difficult. The bar for quality is pretty low right now. Basically as long as your entry isn't unplayable, it has a solid chance. Round 2 will be a different story and you'll be up against the full skill of some senior mappers. I've been doodling on a map concept for about a week now, so my round 2 map should be more serious.

I wonder if some sleeper mappers out there are waiting to surprise us...

Tucker933 likes this

1 hour ago, DSalimander said:

I wonder if some sleeper mappers out there are waiting to surprise us...

There's definitely a few unteased that should be coming. It's so far looking like our biggest turn out!

They are aware of the 5 easy raffle tickets they could get by making a development thread, right? I can see why you would want to keep your project secret until the last second so you can ensure your map is the best, but to sacrifice 5 to ensure you get 10? Godspeed tryhards.

Here's my map, Reactant, which is in a very rushed state currently just trying to meet the deadline for round one. I hope to take feedback & etc from all the expected problems in round one to better flesh out the map and fix the minor visual bugs present in this map currently. All gamemodes should work, although race was acting funky with vehicle spawns for some reason.

Reactant

public development build 2

Download from: Google Drive

Development Topic

YtDFF6N.jpg

2 hours ago, Vuthakral said:

race was acting funky with vehicle spawns for some reason

Race is pretty strange about how it spawns vehicles. It will only spawn as many vehicles as there are players. So if you tested the map by yourself on Race, you probably only saw 1 vehicle spawn. This is normal. You're not the first person to be confused by this and you won't be the last.

57 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

Race is pretty strange about how it spawns vehicles. It will only spawn as many vehicles as there are players. So if you tested the map by yourself on Race, you probably only saw 1 vehicle spawn. This is normal. You're not the first person to be confused by this and you won't be the last.

Nah man I'm talking like for some reason a scorpion tank spawned inside the garage of red base, and this only happens on race.