Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Tucker933

2019 Map Competition - Submissions

Similar to the last two (I)(II), this competition is for the creation of new CE maps, where users registered here (non-entrants must have 5 or more posts) will vote on their favorite submission.

Submissions will suffer 2 rounds of voting, each with a 5-day duration to help maintain development schedules and heighten competition over the 2 month period.

1st-round submissions are to be posted to this thread with their name and description (or link to development topic), and the direct download.

Submission Rules

• May only submit an unprotected .map file with no prerequisite beyond public releases of Chimera.
  • Modifications must not consist primarily of content that the entrant didn't create themselves.
  • Entries may not have been announced more than 7 days before this topic was made.

Dates (all times in EST: UTC-5:00)

1st-Round Entries: June 12th - July 13th @ 11:59pm

1st-Round Voting: July 14th - July 19th @ 11:59pm

(only 1st-round entrants may enter 2nd-round)

2nd-Round Entries: July 20th - August 24th 11:59pm

2nd-Round Voting: August 25th - August 30th @ 11:59pm

1st-Round Prize

1st Place: 10 Raffle Tickets

2nd-Round Prizes

1st Place: $50 (US) via PayPal + Promotion of Map via Mass-Email + 5 Raffle Tickets

2nd Place: $25 (US) via PayPal + 5 Raffle Tickets

3rd Place: 5 Raffle Tickets

Additional Prizes (at conclusion of contest)

5 Raffle Tickets for the creation of a development topic for your submission's progress made before 1st-round voting begins, and containing at least 10 posts by the end of the contest. OC does allow double posts made more than 24-hours apart, so you don't need to rely on others!

5 Raffle Tickets for a final submission where its custom content owes no credit beyond yourself.

DSalimander and (SBB) Storm like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Posted (edited)

LongShot

haloce-2019-06-13-22-49-26-64.jpg

A snowy symmetrical outdoor map with vehicles. Designed for CTF with about 8 players.

Development Thread (lots of pictures!):

longshot.zip

First entry for first round. Should meet both additional prize requirements.
Note: this was made in under 4 hours because I misread the due date. Still submitting it.

Edited by DSalimander
Pfhunkie, (SBB) Storm and Tucker933 like this

Theres a little bit of ambiguity in the creation of content, if I make a custom map using stock tags basically 70% of the map isn't mine since I used already created tags (even if they are stock)

What should I do in that case?

7 hours ago, EmmanuelCD said:

Theres a little bit of ambiguity in the creation of content, if I make a custom map using stock tags basically 70% of the map isn't mine since I used already created tags (even if they are stock)

What should I do in that case?

Sorry, I tried to word it to prevent that confusion.. it refers only to custom content that is not yours.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:12 PM, Tucker933 said:

Modifications must not consist primarily of content that the entrant didn't create themselves.