Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ST34MF0X

TiaraCE

41 posts in this topic

This is very interesting to me. I took a peek at those Dark Circlet and TiaraCE links; while it doesn't surprise me that a community premised on modding halo pc has such talented individuals, it is indeed incredible the scale and commitment some people take on doing this stuff for free, despite it being relatively small community nowadays.

Compliments to @Kavawuvi best of luck with your development. 

Edit: I wonder how long it took to develop these projects. And good luck to @ST34MF0X with your development as well.

ST34MF0X likes this

a992ae08-e9d5-4370-b077-011e3a82a78a_zps4de3f30c.jpg

Tiddy-bits:

On 5/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, blitzburns4 said:

This is very interesting to me. I took a peek at those Dark Circlet and TiaraCE links; while it doesn't surprise me that a community premised on modding halo pc has such talented individuals, it is indeed incredible the scale and commitment some people take on doing this stuff for free, despite it being relatively small community nowadays.

Compliments to @Kavawuvi best of luck with your development. 

Edit: I wonder how long it took to develop these projects. And good luck to @ST34MF0X with your development as well.

Thank you! The time-frame is not set in stone, as work is sporadic and rare, at the moment. My assumption is that the completion of a renderer and core logic loop would result in an exponential jump in development pace and progress. Only time will tell. 

blitzburns4 likes this

.:.:LOADING.:.:

On 11/17/2017 at 10:48 PM, Kavawuvi said:

I'm writing this map parser for TiaraCE, though if anyone wants to use it in their programs, I'm releasing it under the MIT license. This project is written in C++.

Hey, I was not able to find any links to this parser? Is it unreleased right now?

I ask because I have been thinking of adding Halo map support in my homebrew 3D engine; however, I can't find any comprehensive documentation on the structure of the cache files and tags. So, being able to use an off-the-shelf parser would be more than ideal.

13 minutes ago, yecoyega said:

Hey, I was not able to find any links to this parser? Is it unreleased right now?

I ask because I have been thinking of adding Halo map support in my homebrew 3D engine; however, I can't find any comprehensive documentation on the structure of the cache files and tags. So, being able to use an off-the-shelf parser would be more than ideal.

I started over on the parser and made a tool called Invader. Here's a link to the topic:

It's GPL version 3 if you want to check out the source code. https://github.com/Kavawuvi/Invader

Takka, ST34MF0X and yecoyega like this

Thanks for the quick reply.

1 minute ago, Kavawuvi said:

It's GPL version 3 if you want to check out the source code. https://github.com/Kavawuvi/Invader

It guess I won't be able to use it directly then, I haven't made the engine open-source yet. Still, it'll be good as a source of documentation. Thanks again.

By the way, since I already have you here, do you know of any better documentation/resource for the file formats used in Blam engine? I don't have much experience in reverse-engineering formats and getting some kind of pre-written documentation would be very helpful.

Just now, yecoyega said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

It guess I won't be able to use it directly then, I haven't made the engine open-source yet. Still, it'll be good as a source of documentation. Thanks again.

By the way, since I already have you here, do you know of any better documentation/resource for the file formats used in Blam engine? I don't have much experience in reverse-engineering formats and getting some kind of pre-written documentation would be very helpful.

I wrote this a couple years ago. I'm probably going to update it soon, as there might be some outdated information.

We may have other information located in our tutorials section.

Takka, ST34MF0X and yecoyega like this

1 minute ago, Kavawuvi said:

I wrote this a couple years ago.

I'll take a look. Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, Zatarita said:

I would definitely be willing to give back to the community now that I'm older and have a more refined set of skills. I know c++

Excellent! We could definitely use a few more hands on deck, so your enthusiasm is very much welcome! 

If you haven't already, please fell free to join our DIscord server.

.:.:LOADING.:.:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0