Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Vic Firth

Max Idle Command Not Working

I know you are all super busy people, but if anyone could spare just a little bit of time to help me with this, I would be forever grateful. When my Halo PC Server is empty for 1 min. I want the server to reset the map. I am using the SAPP mapcycle, and that is working fine. I have tried putting the

max_idle

command into both the sapp init and the server init and then I wait a min, and the games never reset. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me please?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Hello. A while back, I made a Lua script for this. I'm unsure if this script still works, as SAPP has undergone many significant changes since the script was released. I cannot find it on this site, either, which probably means I released it on the SAPP forum (which is now gone). At the time, Open Carnage probably didn't have a scripting section, but in retrospect, I should have moved all of my scripts here when the scripting section was made.

Anyway, max_idle doesn't check if the server is empty. max_idle actually checks if the server is not running a game. To my knowledge, SAPP does not have such a feature for what you want.

What you want is doable with events.txt and custom variables, but a SAPP script will be easier to configure and install. If you want a SAPP script that does this, I recommend creating a script request here: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/forum/60-sapp-script-requests/&do=add

Hope this is helpful.

Vic Firth and Tucker933 like this