Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sour Patch

Banshee Shields/Vitality/Strength

Hi,

I want to increase the amount of damage a Banshee pilot can take before dying. The collision tag for the Banshee model I'm using currently has a zero value in the Shield.Maximum Shield Vitality float, so I can't work out how to increase the number of hits required to kill the pilot. Is it something to do with Shield Damage and Body Damage Multipliers in the Materials chunks? And if it is does anyone know how these work? thankyou

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

If you mean how much damage occupants take, check out the value @giraffe mentioned.

If you mean how much damage a vehicle can take before exploding, the singleplayer Banshee, Ghost, and Wraith use health. When that runs out, all occupants in the vehicle die and the appropriate effect from the collision model is played.

You *can* use shield for this, too, which can be useful if you want the vehicle to have recharging health, but that's more work, especially when you're not using the Halo Editing Kit and you have to compute some of the hidden values in the collision model for that.

Tucker933 likes this