Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Vic Firth

Spawn Items inside Weapons Locker on Bigass Final

Up until recently on the Halo MD servers, there was a server host who was able to customize which items spawned inside the various weapons lockers. For example on his bigass, players we able to pick up mines from all the weapons lockers. He also had health pack spawns on top of the vents, and various ammo spawns across the map. His server is gone, and a lot of the players of my server are asking for these items to be spawned. I really want to make this happen for them, but I have no clue how he did it. Can anyone help me?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Thank you so much @Takka933 I found a few formal release links, but they appear to be all dead. I didn't know it was a particular script so I will be reaching out to @aLTis

Edited by Vic Firth

Also @Takka933 Thank you for you killer mod Phoenix 3! I really enjoy hosting it on my server!

Hey @Takka933 Sorry to keep on bothering you, I spoke to altis and he told me that there was no script and I should be using events. The thing is, that is where my struggle is. I feel like I pretty much understand events, and have been using them a lot, but I still can't get items like healthpacks and trip mine drops to spawn correctly.

Basically I want to be able to spawn a healthpack or tripmine and have it just stay there until someone picks it up. However, every time I make an event to spawn an item such as a health pack, it will stay there for a few seconds and then disappear. I have been pouring through the SAPP manual, trying tons of different versions of events, and even crashing my server multiple times. I am sure its something simple that I am missing, I can't seem to figure it out. Is there any way you could help me?

Tucker933 likes this