Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Krazychic

Monitor Glare

I'm looking for recommendations to cut out monitor glare across all devices, PC, Laptop, IPad etc.

Despite turning down the brightness the glare still affects my daughters eyes and she has trouble reading larger blocks of writing. She wears glasses that have an anti glare film included.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what has been of help to you?

2ew2skp.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Trying to get matte screen protectors (for glossy devices) could cut the glare (but may also cut the brightness for all devices.) For PC, next time you get something new, try to go for matte finish screens. For your laptop, there is a chance you could get a comparable matte finish screen for it off Ebay or something (but that requires some disassembly to do. More or less depending on the brand of laptop.) 

Edited by Devieth
Krazychic likes this

1. Check light sources. Reduce sunlight in areas you want to read. I use blackout curtains to reduce glare in my bedroom and also for my living room. 

2. Check your contrast settings on your devices. On my Mac I use Night Shift for the evenings (warmer colors) and for the daytime it cranks the brightness and blue light settings. This WILL be a drain on your batteries though.

Outside of that, #1 is going to be the biggest fix. I hate that I have to cut out a lot of sunlight in my house, but that's what I have to do to cut out the glare. 

Krazychic likes this

Linux/Unix | InfoSec | Electronics | Radios