What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
IceCrow14

Universal AI synchronization

21 posts in this topic

Forgot to mention that you must have reading/writing user permissions in your Halo folder or the scripts will not be able to create the files (and therefore, will run under the default settings), or you can try running the game as administrator once. I've made a pair of small changes that should fix the problem .

Tiddy-bits:

If I were to develop my own multiplayer map with AI, could I use hsc to spawn AI? (for instance, me and a group of people walk through a trigger volume to spawn the AI) Or do all of the AI need to be spawned in on match start in order for this to work properly?

Great work on this stuff!

IceCrow14 likes this

Yes, you can use .hsc scripts to spawn AI actors, although I would suggest to have some sort of "host check" in the script/s meant to spawn them to make sure that only the server will create them (otherwise the clients will spawn their own client-side AI too), another way to go would be to use a SAPP Lua script, but that's up to you, both ways should work. Also, AI can be spawned throughout the match safely, there is no problem if you spawn more after it has started.

where is the download links? i have a friend of mine and we want to play some maps with ai on custom edition but there no links to download the scripts 

7 hours ago, madcat117 said:

where is the download links? i have a friend of mine and we want to play some maps with ai on custom edition but there no links to download the scripts 

Unfortunately the author removed them.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

2 hours ago, madcat117 said:

Yeah and why lolol spend all that time making this and keep it to your self lmfao

Seen on Discord:

IceCrow14 (an ex-member of our modding team, ShadowMods) was developing "Universal AI Sync for Halo CE (UAI)", but last month he suddenly told us that was no longer going to keep working on it. He deleted his youtube channel and any thread he created in other websites (such as OpenCarnage). BUT, before leaving, he posted the source code in private, so we have plans to restart the project from scratch once we release "Forge for CE". @Sled is now the project leader of this project "reboot".

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

thanks for info what is the discord sled is in would love to join and help project for testing and also let me know when this baby launches since you have all the good intel