Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Invader

61 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

I wouldn't say there's a lack of interest but rather you're covering all the bases so well that there isn't anything to do but like your posts. As is with your past projects, most bugs reported are already known and praising for the sake of showing interest can get old quick. Keep doing what you're doing.

Praise is nice as an ego boost, but honestly, all I want people to do is test my stuff.

I do get bug reports from people every few days ago, but it's rarely on here. Also, while it is true that I don't upload builds anywhere else, I've provided a means for people to get the latest build (which is automatically uploaded every day or so) without having to compile it themselves. Therefore, it is unnecessary make a reply to this topic for new builds.

Before I started using this system, I was able to track how many people downloaded a certain build, and I found that nearly every build I posted had 0 downloads. This meant that nobody was testing the builds I was posting. Has that suddenly changed for nightly builds? Maybe, but it's unlikely.

Each of these updates takes time to write. I have to go through the past source commits as well as look at issues that were resolved. Then I have to use that aggregate information to write a forum post in a way that non-programmers will understand.

I really don't want to commit so much time into writing so many posts, as it seems like they just go nowhere. I'm still going to post updates for those who are interested in the project, but they're going to be more condensed and much less frequent.

Sunstriker7 and ST34MF0X like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.