Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

DevCysera

Gathering Exception Data Help please!!!

21 posts in this topic
44 minutes ago, DevCysera said:

Does anyone know if HAC2 is back up and running? Please let me know!! 

You can check just as easily as anyone else; pop in the dll and see if it works.

dual.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

and if it doesn't, give me your IP address and I'll debug it from my side.

ALSO - IMPORTANT:

Make sure you do NOT have any of the following entries in your local HOSTS file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

client.haloanticheat.com

maps.haloanticheat.com

This goes for anyone else reading this too.

msalerno1965 in steam

msalerno@kilonet.net - email

I didn't see any of those entries in my local hosts. What does that mean? Please let me know! I want to try to get this fixed ASAP.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Last year, end of December I think, the haloantichat.com domain went offline when it went up for renewal (it was paid for by Btcc22 a few days ahead of time, but for some reason until I opened a ticket with the registrar, it suddenly started working).

Anyway, during that time, I told a lot of people to put entries in their local hosts file for those hostnames with a static IP address I was using at the time. If those entries were there, HAC2 would probably crash.

They are NOT there, so that's not the issue.

Moving on, what's your IP address? Send me a direct message and I'll check my logs to see if you're even hitting my servers.

msalerno1965 in steam

msalerno@kilonet.net - email

No, what I mean is when I even have it in my controls folder the game won't even launch. Also which IP address?

Also be a good idea to see if he can even ping 72.69.223.155.

If he is able to get a reply, it might be an DNS resolver issue on his end which could be difficult to figure out.

Have an apple! apple.pngskull.png

Posted (edited)

Basically type "cmd" the search thing aka Cortana in the bar. Should populate almost immediately.

Also might wanna try deleting the cache.hac and preferences.ini inside your Documents/My Games/Halo CE/hac folder

Edited by Java

Okay, thanks i got it working! Only downside is it wont save my settings like fov, optic pack I load into it. How do I get it to save the settings?? Thanks for helping me with getting it to work though!

That is actual bug with HAC2 and lastest build of WIN10 atm. Although do not know if anyone is actually looking into it.