What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
DevCysera

SAPP Events aren't working on server!

12 posts in this topic
On 4/15/2020 at 0:08 PM, Kavawuvi said:

Hey. Tucker933 explained that already over a year ago in this post.

I guess while this old topic is being bumped, I'd like to say that showing IP addresses in chat to anyone, even if it's just to the person who is joining, is a colossal dick move. It more-or-less doxxes people who are streaming/recording while not really accomplishing anything besides that. Servers should NOT abuse IP addresses like that. Thankfully fewer servers are doing this.

Well it's not displayed in chat, It's displayed only at login to the person logging in only, there is no way for others to see it.

Tiddy-bits:

38 minutes ago, Roadhog said:

Well it's not displayed in chat, It's displayed only at login to the person logging in only, there is no way for others to see it.

Yes there is. People stream games. Have you ever considered that other people might not want doxxed on Twitch or YouTube? I added a feature to Chimera to censor IP addresses, but not everyone uses Chimera, let alone the latest version, so most people aren't going to have that protection.

Also, why are you even showing people their IP address? There are better ways to obtain it than joining a Halo server. And if you're trying to intimidate your players, you could just say "Your IP address is logged" rather than potentially doxxing them.

canadiangunguy and Takka like this