What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaveAnotherBeer

Trouble Adminning For Mac User

A friend of mine is having trouble adminning with SAPP while on a Mac. He can only see the first 6 players on the player list. Is there any known way to fix this?

Tiddy-bits:

Yeah, this is an issue with the Mac version. The chat buffer is limited to only three or so messages at once. Fortunately, it is easily correctable in just a few steps:

1. Download the Windows 10 ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
  2. Run the Boot Camp tool. It will take care of partitioning as well as copying the ISO contents onto your USB drive.
  3. Restart your Mac, holding down the option key, and select your USB drive.
  4. Install Windows 10. The installation process is simple: click Next a few times. Be sure you select the correct partition so you don't nuke your macOS installation.
  5. Update Windows 10. This will install all necessary drivers. You could also use the drivers given to you by Boot Camp, but this is probably unnecessary as you're updating anyway.
  6. Install Halo Custom Edition. You can obtain it here: You may also need to install msxml to see chat. I also recommend installing HAC2 which you can find in that topic.
    If you follow these steps correctly, you will be able to see more chat messages at once, and you will still be on a Mac.

In seriousness, though, the chat thing isn't fixable with anything SAPP can do, so the Mac user may want to use rcon, instead. Use sapp_rcon to restrict the rcon to admins (and their admin levels).

I've tried to get the regular console to work with sapp_rcon. But all I could do is set a universal password to get it to work. Is there a way to set up individual admins with ranked abilities within sapp?

9 hours ago, HaveAnotherBeer said:

I've tried to get the regular console to work with sapp_rcon. But all I could do is set a universal password to get it to work. Is there a way to set up individual admins with ranked abilities within sapp?

If you set a universal password, admins will still only be able to access whatever they're allowed to access.

But if you want a password for each admin, you can set your Mac user as well as other users (if you want) to log in with a username and password. The commands for setting this up are slightly different. Anyway, then they can use rcon with their password rather than the server password. Note that rcon passwords can only be, at most, 8 characters in length, thus you will need to make sure your admin's password is 8 characters long at most.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:35 AM, Kavawuvi said:

If you set a universal password, admins will still only be able to access whatever they're allowed to access.

But if you want a password for each admin, you can set your Mac user as well as other users (if you want) to log in with a username and password. The commands for setting this up are slightly different. Anyway, then they can use rcon with their password rather than the server password. Note that rcon passwords can only be, at most, 8 characters in length, thus you will need to make sure your admin's password is 8 characters long at most.

I've tried using both username + password, and just CD key authentication, but only those with admin level 4 are able to use the stock Halo console. Is there a way to assign it to lower admin levels, like 3?

Sorry it took a bit to get back. Very busy.

1 hour ago, HaveAnotherBeer said:

I've tried using both username + password, and just CD key authentication, but only those with admin level 4 are able to use the stock Halo console. Is there a way to assign it to lower admin levels, like 3?

Sorry it took a bit to get back. Very busy.

You do have sapp_rcon enabled, too?  sapp_rcon is supposed to allow lower-level admins to use the Halo console with their password.

sapp_rcon [enabled]

Enabling this will require rcon users to be admins. “v1” admins must
use the rcon password set in sv_rcon_password. “v2” admins must
use their passwords rather than the set rcon password.

4 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

You do have sapp_rcon enabled, too?  sapp_rcon is supposed to allow lower-level admins to use the Halo console with their password.

Yes, I have sapp_rcon enabled in the server's init file.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0