What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weyland

Changing the default biped tag in globals

Hi,

Is there a way to change/vary the biped reference within the globals tag with a lua script ? i.e change the default biped?

it's for a CTF Bigass Final server

Bigass Final has 7 different bipeds in the maps scenario tag - so a script where I could just swap out the biped tag whenever I feel like changing the default biped would be great.

Thanks

Figured it out - thanks anyway lol

Tiddy-bits:

I'd recommend asking @aLTis if you need help with his map.

Otherwise, you could try swapping it in Eschaton. You'll find it in the globals tag. Then use Glazed Doughnut on the new map and the original map to create a script.

Thank you for this - I wasn't aware of Glazed Doughnut.

I ended up smashing it with your teambipeds script, but this will be a much more elegant way of doing it and it will allow me to do a whole bunch of other little tweaks without modding the map file.

Whenever you have a moment could I ask you to paste an example of the command line? Cheers

<path to gdonut> <original map path> <modified map path> <script path>

10 hours ago, Weyland said:

Whenever you have a moment could I ask you to paste an example of the command line? Cheers

<path to gdonut> <original map path> <modified map path> <script path>

Okay sure. So let's say that...

• gdonut.exe's path is C:\Users\SomeUser\Downloads\gdonut.exe
  • Your original map is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps\bigass.map
  • Your modified map is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps\bigass - modified.map
  • You want your lua script to be saved in C:\Users\SomeUser\Desktop\script.lua

Then this is what you would put in your command line:

C:\Users\SomeUser\Downloads\gdonut.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps\bigass.map" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps\bigass - modified.map" "C:\Users\SomeUser\Desktop\script.lua"

If you want to save a lot of typing, you can also drag files into the command prompt window, and it will automatically enter the path for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0