What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Zetren

The Halo CE Ultimate Enhancement Guide - Updated 05/09/2019

48 posts in this topic

Yeah, it seems I was getting the 2 from 572 mixed up with 581.

On an unrelated not, I've been experimenting with dgVoodoo Work-in-Progress releases which support DirectX 9. The most notable feature in the context of Halo CE is functional MSAA.

EDIT: The only issue I've had with dgVoodoo is forcing SSAA via the GPU control panel. It causes some weird kaleidoscope-esque artifacts which are possibly related to Open Sauce's g-buffer.

Also, it prevents SPV3's launcher from displaying, which can lead to the user attempting to open it repeatedly and having multiple spv3.exe processes running.

EDIT tü: Michelle has a work-in-progress extension she's calling Vulpes. I'm mentioning it because she's getting a lot done in very little time and it's super impressive.

Edited by VoidsShadow

Tiddy-bits:

Shortly after loosely following instructions in the OP and applying various tweaks, I have successfully broken my Halo CE install to the point where I cannot fix it and have to reinstall. The game just shows a black screen and freezes. I tried undoing everything I changed with no luck.

3 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

Shortly after loosely following instructions in the OP and applying various tweaks, I have successfully broken my Halo CE install to the point where I cannot fix it and have to reinstall. The game just shows a black screen and freezes. I tried undoing everything I changed with no luck.

That's not much information.

Sunstriker7 likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

4 hours ago, DSalimander said:

It's enough information to warrant a caution and recommendation to back stuff up before attempting what was outlined in the OP.

I disagree. You only loosed followed directions and never listed what tweaks you applied. There's literally no info for anyone to go off of.

At the time of this post, HAC2's last update (by MSalerno, current HAC2 dev) was 2019-12-18. See the following link for new HAC2 download link, update information, and more: http://wiki.halonet.net/index.php/HAC2/Installation

The current version of HAC2 no longer uses loader.dll nor hac.dll.

Regarding dgVoodoo2, DirectX9 support has hit mainline releases, but Halo CE support isn't quite perfect. See this thread to keep up to date: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=68379

Edited by VoidsShadow
Added P.S. regarding dgVoodoo status

An unofficial release of Optic has been posted here on OC! This version is seemingly compatible with Chimera 1.0 which is great since Chimera will no longer make an attempt to be compatible with HAC2—even the new HAC2 (I think?).

This old, non-HAC2 version of Optic will be useful up until Chimera's Lua API is re-implemented after 1.0 is released.

Edited by VoidsShadow