Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Zetren

The Halo CE Ultimate Enhancement Guide - Updated 05/09/2019

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it seems I was getting the 2 from 572 mixed up with 581.

On an unrelated not, I've been experimenting with dgVoodoo Work-in-Progress releases which support DirectX 9. The most notable feature in the context of Halo CE is functional MSAA.

EDIT: The only issue I've had with dgVoodoo is forcing SSAA via the GPU control panel. It causes some weird kaleidoscope-esque artifacts which are possibly related to Open Sauce's g-buffer.

Also, it prevents SPV3's launcher from displaying, which can lead to the user attempting to open it repeatedly and having multiple spv3.exe processes running.

EDIT tü: Michelle has a work-in-progress extension she's calling Vulpes. I'm mentioning it because she's getting a lot done in very little time and it's super impressive.

Edited by VoidsShadow

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Shortly after loosely following instructions in the OP and applying various tweaks, I have successfully broken my Halo CE install to the point where I cannot fix it and have to reinstall. The game just shows a black screen and freezes. I tried undoing everything I changed with no luck.

3 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

Shortly after loosely following instructions in the OP and applying various tweaks, I have successfully broken my Halo CE install to the point where I cannot fix it and have to reinstall. The game just shows a black screen and freezes. I tried undoing everything I changed with no luck.

That's not much information.

Sunstriker7 likes this

4 hours ago, DSalimander said:

It's enough information to warrant a caution and recommendation to back stuff up before attempting what was outlined in the OP.

I disagree. You only loosed followed directions and never listed what tweaks you applied. There's literally no info for anyone to go off of.

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

That black screen was probably caused by forcing MSAA in your graphics card control panel