What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Zetren

The Halo CE Ultimate Enhancement Guide - Updated 05/09/2019

48 posts in this topic
On 10/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, Generalkid said:

I had readed on the internet that the Dsfix for Dark Souls also works for halo 2, so i decided to try it out with halo ce and now i have 4k rendering on the game,just wanted to say this because its a great enhancement to the game.

You can run Halo in any resolution using either the vidmode parameter: -vidmode xxxx,xxxx,xx i.e. 1920,1080,60 or Chimera custom resolution argument: chimera_set_resolution i.e. chimera_set_resolution <width> <height> [refresh rate] [vsync] [windowed]

Later you'll probably also want to execute chimera_block_vysnc 1, as the vidmode argument forces vysnc

So I don't think you need an external program.

P.S., chimera's command is better, it can be adjusted on the fly

---

Removed the patched executable as it caused lag with open sauce enabled, for more information on this patched executable see here.

Edited by Zetren

Tiddy-bits:

Finally, now that Destiny 2 was free I was able to edit my old topic and redirect it here. Bungie a while back made it such that you had to play Destiny 2 before being able to edit or make threads on their forum, so now that I've played it, I was able to edit it. No more people asking me about -use21! (Don't ask)

Also a substantive revision of the guide has taken place to remove all instances of Halo PC. It's time to migrate to Halo CE people!

Updated the Halo CE Discord rich presence plugin to the latest version (v1.01)

Edited by Zetren
Takka likes this

Updated Vaporeon's stock UI to include a more detailed mouse sensitivity menu.

Updated Chimera from build -572 to build -581. Release notes: " - Fixes a major crash bug to do with reloading a checkpoint that was made in a different BSP. (Interpolation object set would be mismatched)"

Edited by Zetren

Update the link to the Chimera Binaries to use Michelle's 50-582 581 build. She figured out how to fix the crash related to reverting to a checkpoint in a previous BSP (e.g. B40 AOTCR). This is a clean solution as opposed to her previous Lua-based workaround.

Edited by VoidsShadow
typo

Are you mistaking that for build -581? I've just uploaded it. If a build -582 exists can you compile it for me?