Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoo

Map issue with bloodgulch

Hello,

I recently got into using HEK and Sapien to modify maps for a machinema I'm doing. To test things out, I just used a bloodgulch scenario and added one oddball to see if it would work. I booted it up on a LAN server, and it was successful. However, I cannot join any bloodgulch multiplayer servers because it says "Gathering Exception Data" everytime I try to join a bloodgulch server. Is there a fix for this?

Tiddy-bits:

Did you rename the scenario file you were working with? If you didn't and then compiled it later, the problem is that you replaced the default bloodgulch.map file in Halo, and thus gave yourself a different version than what the servers are using. In the case of whatever edits you made, these are causing you to crash. Simply acquire the original bloodgulch.map file and replace it in your current installation of Halo Custom Edition.

For future reference, make a copy of any stock files you want to edit, and edit the copies instead.

Shoo likes this

Yes that's exactly the issue. I just left it as bloodgulch.scenario. So to prevent this issue from happening again, do I rename the scenario file i'm saving? Or do I actually have to make a copy of the scenario? 

Doesn't matter if you rename the scenario or copy it, all that matters is that you recompile the map with a new name.

Shoo likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Sorry, one last question. I want to edit a map called rpg_beta6_2, but it does not have a scenario file. All i want to do is add a custom vehicle. How do I go about this?

I don't see how it could possibly not have a scenario tag. Maybe it's just in a nonstandard location? Run a search in the tag directory for .scenario and see if it comes up in the list.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:00 PM, Shoo said:

Sorry, one last question. I want to edit a map called rpg_beta6_2, but it does not have a scenario file. All i want to do is add a custom vehicle. How do I go about this?

Use HEK PLUS versi on 1.0.3.0 

ask me  when you see me on bumps, brandi's or wizards and I can help you.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:21 PM, Sunstriker7 said:

I don't see how it could possibly not have a scenario tag. Maybe it's just in a nonstandard location? Run a search in the tag directory for .scenario and see if it comes up in the list.

Only the Tutorial maps have scenario's any other map you need to build a scenario using HEK Plus.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0