Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

2018 Map Competition - Submissions

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

To clarify on the second rule, or rather go more in-depth than last time when I asked this:

With the rule of "original content" can I give a few examples of content that could or could not be "created" by someone depending on the perspective of it's view:

- Let's say someone makes a weapon tag from scratch, ground up using their own functionality they set up from the ground up, but maybe some sounds or the weapon's model/animations aren't theirs. Would this break the second rule if used across the map? (No this isn't asking for my tagset, this is asking for another project)

- Are Bungie tags exempt from Rule #2? e.g. could someone just make a map and use the stock Bungie tags, since they didn't technically create them?

- To what extent is content allowed that is not made by the map author? Addendum: If/are people allowed to work together on maps and split the prize how they see fit under the presumption they win? If they are, and the other person creates content while the person works on the map itself does hits count as content the map author did not make?

- Does content have to be 100% original, or does stuff people ported fall under the lines of "I ported this myself therefore it's my tag."? Or is this a grey area that depends? e.g. if modifications were made to the ported content or not.

Sidenote: I presume only one submission is allowed? It's not stated whether or not it is/isn't in the main post.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, Vuthakral said:

- Let's say someone makes a weapon tag from scratch, ground up using their own functionality they set up from the ground up, but maybe some sounds or the weapon's model/animations aren't theirs. Would this break the second rule if used across the map? (No this isn't asking for my tagset, this is asking for another project)

I'd say that's about a 50/50 split for what's attributed to the creators, so that's acceptable. Only really going to get on people if 60% or more of overall modified content is not their own.

- Are Bungie tags exempt from Rule #2? e.g. could someone just make a map and use the stock Bungie tags, since they didn't technically create them?

Rule states this is in regards to modified content; Bungie/Gearbox content is stock, so it's not counted as modified.

- To what extent is content allowed that is not made by the map author? Addendum: If/are people allowed to work together on maps and split the prize how they see fit under the presumption they win? If they are, and the other person creates content while the person works on the map itself does hits count as content the map author did not make?

As mentioned above, a 50/50 split is okay, but only one person is allowed to submit a map. The submitter can do whatever they want with the winnings, such as split it.

- Does content have to be 100% original, or does stuff people ported fall under the lines of "I ported this myself therefore it's my tag."? Or is this a grey area that depends? e.g. if modifications were made to the ported content or not.

Non-stock content must be original work to qualify as being made by the submitter. Recreations of content from elsewhere counts as original work.

I presume only one submission is allowed? It's not stated whether or not it is/isn't in the main post.

"May only submit an unprotected map/yelo file", so singular; one map.

dual.png