Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Aer

"flares" for banshees?

I have been trying to make a custom game mode with banshees only but fights are somewhat predictible, since the one behind don't need to worry about anything so I came up with the idea of "flares" by presing F while in a banshee to spawn 3 plasma nades behind the user so the chasing guy will need to keep some distance (a cooldown time to avoid spamming could be nice too) but since I can't do that myself so I'm hoping someone of the LUA wizards take a look at this

PS: I know that nades will not have particles and the explotion will not be visible but that should't affect the propourse of the script.

Edited by Aer

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

17 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Hah, that's quite how the Bomber's secondary works in Phoenix, except the grenades would detonate after about a second.

Wait... is that what that was? I never figured out what that did and thought you were just showing off with your particle effects.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

1 hour ago, ShikuTeshi said:

Wait... is that what that was? I never figured out what that did and thought you were just showing off with your particle effects.

Lol they were quite effective at taking down other aircraft, and blinded like flash-bangs.

On 23/1/2018 at 7:03 PM, Tucker933 said:

Hah, that's quite how the Bomber's secondary works in Phoenix, except the grenades would detonate after about a second.

Just tried that map it is exactly what I'm looking for but just not an option for stock maps

Edited by Aer