Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

bigblue

Sightjacker

Sapp documentation says to use sj_level [level] to enable/disable sightjacker (from HAC2) - but there's no info to say what the levels are, apart from: Default: -1 (everybody can use sightjacker)

What are the other levels and what is the correct level to set that allows only admins to use it ?

Thx

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Thx.. do you know what all the levels are.. and what they allow ?

Setting sj_level 4 gives an error when restarting the server - retried with sj_level -4 and it appears to work. Assuming then that -4 is for admins only ?

It would be good if things were explained more in detail in the guide.

-1 means sightjacking is enabled for everyone, 5 means it's disabled. In between -1 and 5 are most likely admin levels. -4 is not a valid parameter and does nothing.

NymNjTY.gif

Posted (edited)

That's strange then.. if I use sj_level -1 it works ok - if I use sj_level 4 the server won't even start ?? If I use sj_level -4 the server starts - but with what you're saying, I'm unsure if this is only for admins.

Btw I'm using sapp 10.1 - using sapp 10.2.1 doesn't appear to work on Elite Game Servers for some reason. EliteGS support have recommended using 10.1.

Thx giraffe for your help :)

From sapp 10.0 changelog:

New: sj_level [level(-1-5)] command: This is the unified command that replaces disable_sj and sj_admin_level commands. -1 means sightjacking is enabled for everyone, 5 means it's disabled.

Edited by bigblue

It worked for me by adding the following line event_start 'sj_level 5'  in events.txt

Edited by mdc81

Ok.. adding this to the events file works ok.. thx mdc81 :)

I have tried setting -1 and also 5 - they both work as they should.  But.. changing the setting to 2, 3 or 4 however, disables sightjacker - it doesn't allow admin only usage .

So I'm assuming that this will only enable or disable sightjacker for everyone and that there is no provision to allow only admins to use it ?

Can anyone confirm ?

Before sapp 10.0 it was possible to use 'sj_admin_level [level]' to allow only admins to use sightjacker for whatever level that admins had access to, but it was replaced by sj_level [level] and now seems to have been discontinued. Surely there must be a way to allow only admins to use it ?

Edited by bigblue