Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Weyland

Shadow player name kick

Hi,

I did just ask about this on the Open Carnage Discord, so forgive me if it's bad form to chase it here as well - I saw that @002 checks his pings here daily :)

I'm looking for a hybrid of the script @002's has in his SAPP manual, that kicks for the name 'New001' - but combined with his wordfilter.lua

So if a player's name contains a string that matches a specified list of words, they get kicked -

e.g

a player joins with the name '123badwordABC' = /k

a different player joins with the name 'differentbadword69' = /k

If there's a way to do it so '123badwordABC joined the server' doesn't even get announced in game, that would be perfect. EVENT_PREJOIN perhaps?

Thank you,

Weyland

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Weyland said:

If there's a way to do it so '123badwordABC joined the server' doesn't even get announced in game, that would be perfect. EVENT_PREJOIN perhaps?

With EVENT_PREJOIN, sure. You'd need to get the name of the player from the machine struct or something, here, as using $name or the player table would give inaccurate information. Then if the player has an invalid name, use sv_kick so no messages occur, optionally also using cprint just before using sv_kick to tell the user why they were kicked.

32 minutes ago, Weyland said:

I saw that @002 checks his pings here daily :)

Don't just wait for me here. Other people can also help with your request. While I do check here daily usually, I do not typically respond to requests until about a day later.

edit: Also, because you are technically requesting a script, I have moved this to script requests.

Edited by 002
Weyland likes this

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

competent.png

Hi,

Thanks for your advice on that - I've managed to implement some of what I was looking to do.

Whenever you have a spare moment I had a couple of follow up questions.

Firstly - there is no way to apply a wildcard to the sv_kick command is there? As stock halo server commands don't support wildcards - is that correct?

In which case, how would I go about applying a wildcard to the $name of the event_prejoin? You mentioned getting the name of the player from the machine struct or something?

And if I can get a wildcard happening on the $name of the event_prejoin, SAPP's /k command can reference that wildcard - and if that kick command is happening on a event_prejoin I won't need to worry about in game announcements - is that correct?

Thank you