bigblue

Load Problem

Is there a problem with SAPP ? I have 10.1 installed on Halo CE - but on restarting the server I get the message SAPP has unloaded ? I reinstalled sapp.dll etc but the same thing keeps happening and sapp won't load, nor can I get it to load - I've checked the main init file and load is included - it all looks ok.

Any help appreciated.. thx.

Edited by bigblue
gsccon likes this

Tiddy-bits:

On 12/26/2017 at 1:23 PM, bigblue said:

SAPP is unloading so it won't update - unless I can download 10.2 somewhere ?

Do you have auto_update in the SAPP init? If not, put it in.

Ok.. I've installed sapp 10.2, but no change.

If I disable sapp, then halo ce works ok - as soon as I enable it again, then it unloads when I restart the server and I'm unable to join.

I've also tried disabling lua loading - I though it might be a script causing the problem , but that doesn't do anything.

Any ideas anyone ?

ps. the server is hosted by Elite Game Servers, but they probably wont be able to help, as the server runs ok without sapp.

Ok.. I've removed sapp and re-installed 10.1 - Elite GS say to disable auto_update as 10.2 causes problems - no idea what problems though. Server is running ok now, but for some reason the events file isn't being implemented and some scripts aren't working anymore.

I was on another sapp server and checked which version of sapp they had running - they had 10.2.1.  If I install 10.2 and run it - enabling auto_update makes it update to 10.2.1 but still won't run ie. unable to join the server and it doesn't show on the server list.

Edited by bigblue

Ok.. thx :)

LUA scripts all changed to latest api version 1.12.0.0

Rebooted the server with sapp 10.1 which loaded fine - but as soon as it auto-updated to 10.2.1 the error 'sapp unloaded' came up in game ??  For some reason sapp won't run with 10.2.1.. and when I run 10.1 and disable auto_update, the event.txt file isn't being read either - so server messages and events aren't running.

Running out of ideas now and can't figure out just wth is going on :(