What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Puddin

Cold Pizza for breakfast?

15 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I prefer hot pizza, but room-temperature isn't nearly as atrocious as cold pizza. All the flavors are broken, and its consistency sucks.

DiSiAC likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

In terms of flavor, I think cold pizza tastes nearly the same as what it tasted like when it was warm. The texture is a little different, of course. The crust is a little more firm and the cheese isn't as soft.

Reheating with an oven takes a bit longer than what it's worth. I'm not putting it in a microwave, though, because I still want it to be pizza when it comes out.

Puddin likes this

Warm to hot for sure. For most pizza's it's a must to have it heated, as i've found very few pizza's that are actually ok to eat cold.

Puddin likes this

Who am I but myself?

Whenever I'm at Blackbird's place, it's PIZZA TIME. We somehow always get the family pizza size (4x4). For two people. The cold leftovers are always a blessing every morning (usually on sundays, when shops are closed).

Spoiler

Oh, thanks for reminding me to get the pizza out of the oven that I left yesterday.

Sceny and Puddin like this

7 hours ago, 002 said:

Room temperature pizza is unappetizing, though.

agreed.

36 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

I used to eat pizza cold, a slice face down on another, pizza sandwich, yum, but now I can't stand eating any type of pizza cold.

yes. a cold pizza sandwich!

7 hours ago, 002 said:

In terms of flavor, I think cold pizza tastes nearly the same as what it tasted like when it was warm. The texture is a little different, of course. The crust is a little more firm and the cheese isn't as soft.

Reheating with an oven takes a bit longer than what it's worth. I'm not putting it in a microwave, though, because I still want it to be pizza when it comes out.

Ive been eating cold pizza since a kid, doesnt matter what toppings although an everything slice cold for breakfast is as good as it gets. I won't microwave a slice. ever.

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

Warm to hot for sure. For most pizza's it's a must to have it heated, as i've found very few pizza's that are actually ok to eat cold.

The better quality the pie the better it is cold. Chain pizza is alright cold, but the best cold pizza is a real ny style thin crust pizza from a respected Italian style eatery and make it a loaded pie with everything...good stuff.

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg