Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skeezix the Cat

Guitar players, assemble!

So I did not know this many users here could play.  But after getting so many comments on my recent purchases post, I figured why not make a thread for it?  I'm almost three months in as far as practicing goes.  I usually spend 30-60 minutes a day, but skip a couple per week for time/rest purposes.  One of my roommates has been playing since she was a kid, and said she would teach me but so far hasn't really done much besides help me tune my 12 string because we have conflicting schedules.  I've been playing Rocksmith as my sole practicing method, but I'm more than comfortable enough now to find someone to help me understand at least some music theory.  I don't want to be one of those guys that just memorizes stuff by listening to it and trying to copy it until it sounds right.  I'd like to be able to read music and play that.  I want a local teacher, but I would love to hear from you guys as well what you think I should be focusing on this early, what hurdles to look out for, tips and tricks, etc. Any discussion at all about the hobby is appreciated.  Maybe post pics of your baby if you have one?  Or your dad's, uncle's, etc.

Puddin likes this

oVoXWXc.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I took lessons a while back but decided it was too expensive. YouTube is my go to now because there are LOADS of good advice out there. Mainly play classic rock/metal.

Don't currently have pictures of my own guitars because I recently formatted my phone but here's what they look like:

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe:

xR8AG5i.png

Dean Vendetta 2.0:

xD2lKGi.jpg

Edited by Pfhunkie
DiSiAC, Skeezix the Cat and Puddin like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002